• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A most bold of predictions

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
If England can win in Perth, we will retain the Ashes via a series draw.

So, I predict the outcome of the series will be settled in the next 2 days.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Will be hilarious if England win the series from here. Would be one of the worst Aussie chokes ever.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
If England can win in Perth, we will retain the Ashes via a series draw.

So, I predict the outcome of the series will be settled in the next 2 days.
Yeah look, if we manage to win in Perth then we're right back in this and there is no reason at all to think we wouldn't pick up a win in either of Melb or Syd. The big call is whether you are saying we can or will get the win in Perth or not........

Before a ball was bowled in this return series I posted twice somewhere that we'd win in Perth this time..........but that was before Michael Clarke went all Jihad on us, Mitchell Johnson turned into Thommo the 2nd and our obvious dislike for 150 kph balls at the throat was hopelessly exposed. Last place in the world we want to be playing now based on what we've seen in the first 2 tests would be Perth.

There is absolutely no logical reason or evidence at all to suggest we will win in Perth.........but I say **** em, I think we will.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The problem we have is how the hell are we are going to take 20 wickets anywhere, not just in Perth - unless Broad has another hot streak I can't see it happening, which surprises me as I thought that would be the least of our problems. I still think that our batters are capable of getting a decent score, but if they do all that will get us is a draw

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem we have is how the hell are we are going to take 20 wickets anywhere, not just in Perth - unless Broad has another hot streak I can't see it happening, which surprises me as I thought that would be the least of our problems. I still think that our batters are capable of getting a decent score, but if they do all that will get us is a draw
Again this might be blind hope on my part, but I think if our batsmen can manage to bat some time and give our bowler more than a session and a half with their feet up we might just see some more penetrating bowling. Apart from day 1 Brisbane I also thought we bowled well day 1 Adelaide, it was only missed opportunities in the field that saw us lose the honours that day.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The word I'm getting from my spies is that Tremlett looks a new man in the nets. He was awesome at the WACA last time out and Broad never got to play.

In summary, England by an innings.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The word I'm getting from my spies is that Tremlett looks a new man in the nets. He was awesome at the WACA last time out and Broad never got to play.

In summary, England by an innings.
I thought I spotted Johnny English hanging around the nets during the week.

Camel 56

Banned
Let's get one thing straight first of all. There is no "we" here. You people are not part of the team. You are simply a bunch of internet nobodies who support the English cricket team because you lead very sad existences and/or are some sort of masochists who enjoy getting absolutely pummeled 80% of the time. Either way you have absolutely nothing to do with the team so give the whole "we" thing a rest and avoid further embarrassment.

Now that we have sorted, no, England will not retain the ashes.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Let's get one thing straight first of all. There is no "we" here. You people are not part of the team. You are simply a bunch of internet nobodies who support the English cricket team because you lead very sad existences and/or are some sort of masochists who enjoy getting absolutely pummeled 80% of the time. Either way you have absolutely nothing to do with the team so give the whole "we" thing a rest and avoid further embarrassment.

Who the **** are you?

Jassy

Banned

:laugh: !!!

As for the OP, not to sound rude but that is hardly a bold prediction. You say IF England win at Perth they will retain the urn. For them to win one and draw one at Melbourne/Sydney is very much possible and not unlikely at all particularly IF they manage to win at Perth. There is definitely a KP special to come and Anderson/Swann will run through us at some point. If you were sticking your neck out and saying England are definitely going to retain the urn from this point on then that would be a bold prediction.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has

Here's what I kinda feel like saying...

**** off....

mullarkey

School Boy/Girl Captain

You have cornered the market in wisdom, I believed WE (somewhere in a corner of a foreign field) would win in Perth but I know now we have no chance. 'Think only this of me'.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Let's get one thing straight first of all. There is no "we" here. You people are not part of the team. Blah blah blah blah
Mark Waugh, is that you?