• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will play their last test during the Australian Ashes series?

Spark

Global Moderator
Was very convenient of him to pick up an injury just before he had to bowl at Adelaide though :ph34r:

Justo

U19 Debutant
For Australia I think Bailey or Rogers (less likely IMO) could be a shout specially if we go 3 up at Perth. Failures by both could lead to experiments for the 4th or more likely 5th Test. Personally would like to see the end of Watson although I don't see it happening given that he's been kept around for so long already. A major injury though and I could see him potentially retiring from Tests to focus short forms given the World Cup etc coming up.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
TBF, I actually had a look at the stats, and he bowled very well there.

Still maintain Harris is a better bowler however, though if I were picking a side I'd probably take Philander.
I'd probably pick the better bowler....

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he will get the home series at the start of the summer v SL to try and get some form back Burgey but if he still has a shocker then he may well be gone. He is one who has enough in the bank to be forgiven a couple of bad series this year as he was one of the few who did well in NZ.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was just thinking about that South Africa Test. Sadly, I'm not sure we would get to 400 if we were playing without stumps.

Looks like I've sparked. Oh well cbf

Last edited:

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Interesting to review this thread after the third test.

From an Australian perspective, almost everybody is safe. Haddin will play on, Rogers certainly deserves to and Bailey will if he does alright in the final 2 tests. England on the other hand have already lost Trott (could potentially return I guess) and Swann with Prior, KP, Tremlett and to a lesser extent Anderson all looking quite questionable. To me, Carberry is in a similar position to Rogers except that his team are losing so he is more likely to be moved on.

U19 12th Man
Noticeable about Swann was the withered, Tony Abbott look his head had taken on when he was out in the hot sun. Didn't look a spring chicken, and really has appeared battle weary on this tour. Not that he ever did much here, but he wasn't able to find the big wicket he did on previous tours.