• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Barmy army

mullarkey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Barmy Army

How much of a follwing does English County cricket have? I can tell you now in Oz that stadiums have never filled in all forms (bar T20) in my lifetime.
I am not a PS of the BA but it must just be something to cheer their country on especially when playing against their oldest enemies?
following is not good to tell the truth but if you watch, for example, Glamorgan v Lancashire at Colwyn Bay Cricket Club there will be a good atmosphere, the ground is quite full but only because it is a very small ground. Put all of those in attendance at Lancashire v Glamorgan at Old T. and the ground will be almost empty and there will be more atmosphere on the moon.

(BTW talking about county championship above-one dayers do on occasions have lots in attendance and a good atmosphere.)

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
oooh look how beautiful and boutique our cricket ground is, it only holds 7 dozen people ooooh fap fap fap.
I see reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points.

Both English and Aus grounds have their limitations and advantages- and the reasons why they are the size they are is also fairly obvious.

U19 12th Man
Thought they were ****ing disgraceful when Johnson's knee caught in the turf. Poor form with the post-match carry-on also.

91Jmay

International Coach
Thought they were ****ing disgraceful when Johnson's knee caught in the turf. Poor form with the post-match carry-on also.
Aussie crowd cheered and continued to abuse Simon Jones whilst he was on the floor in agony and then at the same ground this series they cheered when Jimmy took out a chunk of turf and could have hurt his knee.

Drunk arseholes, be drunk arseholes.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yep, was pretty ordinary the way the carried on after Australia had reclaimed the Ashes.