• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prior V Haddin

Who is the better Test Cricketer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Tbf to Prior's glovework, it's fallen away a bit in the last 6 months/year, but he's been an excellent keeper for the majority of his career and went something like two years without dropping a catch standing back.

Haddin is a bit of a weird case. I've always rated him quite highly, but lets not forget half the country wanted him dropped a couple of years ago. Mainly for his keeping IIRC.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Both are sloggers, so don't count on them unless the pitch is flat or the ball is already old. Their keeping has been above average, though Haddin is a bit more hot and cold; he has some great takes but also more than a few horrendous moments. He's a given for both highlight and lowlight reels.

Haddin has had plenty of irresponsible moments while batting in crucial moments. Prior certainly not as irresponsible, though his second innings in Adelaide was selfish and a poor effort even if he put runs next to his name.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah awta.

Both naturally aggressive but they have also both shown the the ability to dig in and get their teams out the ****.

Both much more than mere sloggers.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Prior imo, and quite comfortably for now. He's been awful in the last few months but he's had much the better career.

And I don't agree with the post that insinuated that Prior had played a great innings in NZ but that it shouldn't define a career. It doesn't define his career imo, he's played quite a few very very good innings... The 70 odd against SA which most pulled England to victory for example

Haddin is quite underrated and I'm a big fan but he's only s superior player on current form, absolutely not over their careers

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Prior imo, and quite comfortably for now. He's been awful in the last few months but he's had much the better career.

And I don't agree with the post that insinuated that Prior had played a great innings in NZ but that it shouldn't define a career. It doesn't define his career imo, he's played quite a few very very good innings... The 70 odd against SA which most pulled England to victory for example

Haddin is quite underrated and I'm a big fan but he's only s superior player on current form, absolutely not over their careers
**** this

Haddin better