• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prior V Haddin

Who is the better Test Cricketer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah as great as Gilly was I can't recall him dominating an Ashes series and impacting it so heavily like Haddin has here. Seem to recall Gilchrist was awesome in 2001 in England but still nothing on what we've seen here.

I know it's a close call and many won't agree (Hooksey) but Haddin is ahead now for MOS for mine.
Gilly average - 47

Haddin average - 36

Gilly S/R - 80

Haddin S/R - 58

Please stop this nonsense

social

ah yes because we were talking about careers
So let's talk about series

81 and 149* destroyed Pakistan in 99/00 and they were light years better than the current English mob

I could pick out any number of performances but it would be silly

Haddin is a very good player and Oz are lucky to have him but Gilchrist is the Bradman of wkbs and mentioning Brad in the same breath is just an insult

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow you are missing the point by an embarrassing length. Haddin has excelled in this Ashes series to a greater extent than we ever saw Gilchrist do in an Ashes series, mainly due to having to save a faltering batting lineup on every single first innings, something that I doubt Gilchrist ever had to do through a whole series tbh. He has been outstanding, which is no comment on their careers, or their best series against any opposition, the comparison given is simply accentuating quite how impressive Haddin has been. That is all.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Gilly average - 47

Haddin average - 36

Gilly S/R - 80

Haddin S/R - 58

Please stop this nonsense

Read my post again and I suggest you edit yours to save for further embarrassment.

As If I think Haddin is better than Gilly!! Over their careers I still think Prior trumps him.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So let's talk about series

81 and 149* destroyed Pakistan in 99/00 and they were light years better than the current English mob

I could pick out any number of performances but it would be silly

Haddin is a very good player and Oz are lucky to have him but Gilchrist is the Bradman of wkbs and mentioning Brad in the same breath is just an insult
Exactly, you can hardly compare the attack Broad, Anderson, Panesar & co with the attack of Wasmin, Waqar, Aktar & Saqlain

andyc

Hahaha FMD. Just rewatching the video of Carbs' bat breaking.

Get on what Rad - sponsored by Kookaburra - says into the stump mic:

"It's a Gray Nic, viewers, he's just got stickers on it. It's not a Kookaburra, it's just a Gray-Nicolls."