• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

ajdude

International Coach
chances of an australian 4 man pace attack? hopefully with bollinger and not coota nile.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. Cook
2. Carbs
3. Root
4. KP
5. Bell
6. Ballance
7. Prior/Bairstow
8. Stokes
9. Bresnan
10. Broad
11. Anderson
Yeah, pretty much that for me, but I'd give Finn a go ahead of Stokes, Perth could be the place for his bowling. Didn't watch last night, did Stokes do OK with the bat, because he looked all at sea in the first innings. Prior stays in after scoring a few runs, but I genuinely would like to see Jos in there, we need some kind of counter-attack here. It's a desperate measure, but we're in desperate times.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stokes needs to be picked for Perth. Think his bowling will go well there and reckon he'll bat well with the ball coming on too.

benchmark00

ICC regulations dictate that you are not allowed to be given out LBW in Perth so he has that going for him as well.

Ruckus

International Captain
Whats the news on Patto. Likely to be ready for perth or not? Wouldn't be opposed to playing 4 quicks, didn't think Lyon provided much at all this game.

Spark

Global Moderator
Whats the news on Patto. Likely to be ready for perth or not? Wouldn't be opposed to playing 4 quicks, didn't think Lyon provided much at all this game.
They're taking the velvet gloves approach to him, won't be in the frame for this series at all I think.

Spikey

everyone just shut up about pattinson and bird and all those injured players

Ruckus

International Captain
They're taking the velvet gloves approach to him, won't be in the frame for this series at all I think.
ah that's a bit balls. The prospect of Patto, Johnson and Harris bowling in tandem would have been pretty amazing.

Spikey

only losers advocate picking lyon instead of bollinger. dougeh's more fun. even if he performs badly he's more fun than lyon.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think Johnson bowling like this makes Pattinson slightly unnecessary - two shock bowlers is a bit much.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Ballance at 6 would help the batting but making someone debut at Perth 2 nil down is asking a lot.