• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Problem is I tend to stay up till about 1am fairly regularly anyway, but by 1.30 I am flagging. Not sure what the best way to deal with it all is.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Was kinda hoping we'd play an actual batsman at six this time too...

I'd go personally:

Cook*
Carberry
Root
Pietersen
Bell
Ballance
Prior+
Bresnan
Broad
Tremlett
Anderson

Have Root and KP if any spin is needed, after all. Swann's not exactly set the series alight and Perth won't be his kinda deck, I'm guessing.
That would be my prefered line up too, and like you I'm definitely keen to see Balance at 6, but kin 'ell..........could there possibly be a tougher place and time to debut a batsmen?? What do we know about this blokes ticker?? Because this will be a baptism of fire like no other.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Davey Houghton's nephew, so he's from good stock.

Portlier than is usual for test batsmen nowadays too. Always like to see players who aren't slaves to the cardiovascular concentration camp.

In my mind he's out in the nets when others are pounding the treadmill, but he probably just likes the pies.

wiff

First Class Debutant
I'm praying we bat first so I hope Clarke does put us in

I'd be surprised if Clarke puts them in. Has he been quoted as saying that? Because batting first is the percentage play and it would give his bowlers an extra day and a half rest (being optimistic). If there are no wickets early on, the English bats will rule the heat waves (being optimistic for the English). Yeah, it's not going to be good for any team to be toiling in the sun.

Edit: you were replying to Tangles post? Yeah, no Clarke won't put them in

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
You mean rest from the workload at Adelaide? That's the percentage play and usually batting first is a good option anyway. I was just thinking that if they were confident there was a bit in the surface then put em in and bowl em out in a couple of sessions. It's risky though. If you get your length wrong and don't get any nicks you can get smashed for runs. The pace and bounce should be good once it flattens for those that can handle it. Right now KP and maybe bell are the only ones I could see causing pain if they get in.

Hooksey

Banned
Sportsbet representative Matthew Campbell said on radio this morning they are now paying out on all bets made up until yesterday for Australia to win the series.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah. Forecast is 38, 39, 39 then dropping down to only 35. I wouldn't want to bowl first unless you got there and it had about an inch of grass on it.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Predictions:

Century makers:
Bailey, Root, Watson, Cook

Michelle Pfeiffers
Harris

Unpredictable moment involving
Smith

wiff

First Class Debutant
That's right. You gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em, and they are in the business of making money.
Gambling is in the business of making money, but in order for them to do that you must be addicted, so it's important to feed you titbits from time to time. This is not a game from a Kenny Rodgers song, this is a silk glove service industry.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I watch the sky feed and I have lost count of how many UK betting sites there are that advertise on the cricket. Insane.

Hooksey

Banned
Gambling is in the business of making money, but in order for them to do that you must be addicted, so it's important to feed you titbits from time to time. This is not a game from a Kenny Rodgers song, this is a silk glove service industry.
Granted most of the money betting agencies make is from addicted gamblers. But you don't have to be addicted to gambling to lose money gambling.

Bottom line is Sportsbet see this series as already having been decided. That's why they are paying out early on Australia winning the Ashes back in the hope people collecting will re-invest in other bets.