• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spineless pathetic bastards...

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
Just come home now before you embarrass yourselves and us even further.

Absolutely ****ing pathetic!

Looks like half of them have already retired in their minds, no hunger anymore just weak pathetic going through the montions.

Het Gooch you fat unshaven wage thieving slob what in the flying **** are you doing?

The negativity Andy Flower installed and let seep deep into this team has finally got what it deserved, he can **** off to but then its that prat Giles, R.I.P English cricket, our turn to do what you Aussies do and pretend we all don't care and ignore it the best we can.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i heard their captain is self absorbed and doesn't get along with the rest of his team-mates and

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
Fair play to you Aussies though, well played.

Grew up in the 90s watching the batterings but this series so far has been way worse than any of that, its not worth thinking about how low it could possibly still go.

Seething and embarrassed by the whole shambles, theres no fight from most of them, that should be a given.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Suck it Poms. We'll hold those Ashes for years now.

#peakedinthewrongserieslosers

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Quite.

The lack of aris has been galling.

We're not just being beaten, we're being humiliated.

I'd actually suggest Prior might benefit from being dropped if I had any confidence Bairstow would do any better.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite.

The lack of aris has been galling.

We're not just being beaten, we're being humiliated.

I'd actually suggest Prior might benefit from being dropped if I had any confidence Bairstow would do any better.
Jos

Shri

Mr. Glass
If scheduling is a contributing factor, did Flower's inflexibility with KP when he wanted to retire from ODIs alone do any damage? I mean his stance on the issue might have had a little bit of an effect and other players who wanted to consider a similar retirement plan but didn't might now be burnt out. Either that or I am talking out of my ass again.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Just a thought, but could it be less that they're "spineless pathetic bastards" and more that they've been driven into the ground? If you look at the batsmen who've faced the most balls & bowlers who've bowled the most overs in international cricket in 2013, you come up with these lists:

Code:
[B]Batsman		Balls faced[/B]
Misbah-ul-Haq	3082
[I]Bell 		2915
Cook	 	2626
Root		2529[/I]
de Villiers	2451
[I]Trott		2298[/I]
Clarke		2147
Amla		2021
Sangakkara	1978
Kohli		1956
Code:
[B]Bowler		Overs bowled[/B]
Saeed Ajmal	628.4
Ashwin 		557.1
[I]Anderson	541.2[/I]
[I]Broad		517.5[/I]
Jadeja		484.5
[I]Swann		454.5[/I]
Boult		385
Junaid Khan	383.5
Steyn		374.4
Siddle		373.1
If you go back to the start of 2012, Cook has faced 6436 balls in international cricket - over 1000 more than Michael Clarke, whose 5365 is the second most behind Cook. More worryingly, James Anderson's 1209.2 overs is more than any other bowler. The only other to bowl 1200 overs in that period is Graeme Swann, who has passed that mark by one ball. The quicks with the next highest workloads are Broad, with 1057.2 overs, and Steyn with 854.1. It's astounding that England would treat Jimmy like that.

I'm not particularly surprised that some of them aren't themselves.

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
If scheduling is a contributing factor, did Flower's inflexibility with KP when he wanted to retire from ODIs alone do any damage? I mean his stance on the issue might have had a little bit of an effect and other players who wanted to consider a similar retirement plan but didn't might now be burnt out. Either that or I am talking out of my ass again.
Indeed