• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spineless pathetic bastards...

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
The worst thing about this is that it's unprecedented with this bunch of players. I mean I haven't seen batting this thoughtless and spineless since...oh a year and a half ago.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm probably taking this better than UAE 2k11 4 lyf though. Wanted to punch more of things then.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm probably taking this better than UAE 2k11 4 lyf though. Wanted to punch more of things then.
Yeah that would've been so much more frustrating because the bowlers were performing so well; it wouldn't have taken particularly good batting at all to win that series comfortably.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not. It's tremendously comforting to cast aside a pasting with a flippant "it's only because that bloke's chucking". Can't pretend we're being cheated this time

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think they're trying, but they've walked into a tornado no one expected tbh, and their heads are messed up. You go nowhere at any level of cricket without clarity of thought.
It's not just the players suffering from a lack of clarity.

The selectors are also suffering from it. I've been worried about this tour ever since the squad was announced. Hell, since the Oval Test in fact. All the good practices and logic that have been a hallmark of England over the last 4 years were thrown out the window at the Oval, and they've continued muddling along ever since.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Kerrigan and Woakes selections just seemed like they were taking the piss. If they were underestimating the tour here they have short memories.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The five man attack thing is the worst kind of wishful thinking too.

No disrespect to either, but neither Stokes nor Woakes is a test top 6 batsman's arsehole.

& I don't see either being picked solely on his bowling, although Stokes has more to work with in that respect.

Why now suddenly? All England's success under Flower going back to 2009 has been with 4 man attacks.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This Ashes has been so nostalgic, so much fun. Although the quality of cricket wasn't anywhere near great, except for Johnson's spells, and though it has so one-sided as Burgey's ballsack, I have thoroughly enjoyed this series.
Sorry, who are you?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The five man attack thing is the worst kind of wishful thinking too.

No disrespect to either, but neither Stokes nor Woakes is a test top 6 batsman's arsehole.

& I don't see either being picked solely on his bowling, although Stokes has more to work with in that respect.

Why now suddenly? All England's success under Flower going back to 2009 has been with 4 man attacks.
Pfft we wouldn't have won at Lords in 09 with a 4 man attack

#freddieisasexybastard

U19 12th Man
Fair enough too. Mitchell Johnson has just dished up the biggest payback imaginable to the BA......and he has earnt a lot of respect from us in the process.

I am still struggling to get own head around it tbh, no one has paid out on him more than me.........not much else to do but cop it sweet, and say well played son.
Mitchell Johnson's personal issues were being paraded around by the BA. It was ****ing disgusting at the time and remains so now. Incredibly rich from them to bleat about Warner's comments on Trott when he wasn't aware of what was going on and has given him his blessings since finding out. But when the BA shoot their fat mouths off, it's all in good fun because it's in song, and from the jolly old Army. Hypocrites and pigs. Mitchell has come through a lot of crap from a pretty ordinary background, and it's great just to see the bloke happy. The wickets? Maybe feels like karma to a few but who gives a **** really. The joke is on the BA, in life. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember whne Johnson first exploded onto the scene and if I remember correctly he terrorised the South African's but the English press were totally unconvinced and for a long time they seemed to be proven right. I expected Johnson to destroy England on that tour but he just did not rise to the new types of playing conditions he faced there. This seems like revenge served on a very cold dish to me. I am sure Johnson felt he had everything to prove to England, from now on I think he will get the respect he has looked for for a long time. Thing about Mitch is when he is playing bad he is very bad and when he is good he is extraordinary.
I disagree. Johnson will forever be one bad game away from becoming the whipping boy again, and I say that as someone who was always a fan of his. SA09 didn't get him long lasting respect, there's no reason this Ashes series will do so if he falls out of form again.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Mitchell Johnson's personal issues were being paraded around by the BA. It was ****ing disgusting at the time and remains so now. Incredibly rich from them to bleat about Warner's comments on Trott when he wasn't aware of what was going on and has given him his blessings since finding out. But when the BA shoot their fat mouths off, it's all in good fun because it's in song, and from the jolly old Army. Hypocrites and pigs. Mitchell has come through a lot of crap from a pretty ordinary background, and it's great just to see the bloke happy. The wickets? Maybe feels like karma to a few but who gives a **** really. The joke is on the BA, in life. Simple as that.
Biggest load of **** I've seen posted on here, and all in reply to me paying the bloke a compliment.

Mate you haven't got a clue son.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Barmy Army aren't funny, they aren't clever, they're irrelevant. Ooooh good on you for singing some songs and blowing a horn.

They're just as good as the Fanatics. Exactly.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Biggest load of **** I've seen posted on here, and all in reply to me paying the bloke a compliment.
I agree that his post is a touch too gleeful and perhaps vindictive, but honestly I agree with the general sentiment. The attitude surrounding Johnson after a poor couple of tests and the way they picked on him was distasteful, to say the least.

And then when he admitted to having had some problems, the BA and even Australians called him mentally weak and all this other load of bull****. I've been saying this all along, how the **** is admitting you're struggling a sign of mental weakness?

It's rubbish.