• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spineless pathetic bastards...

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
England return to the bad old days | Cricket News | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

Scathing article on the England performance but barely a word of recognition to an outstanding Aussie performance...........George Dobell WAC.
I didn't think that at all. Anyway, George Dobell is generally pretty good at recognising opposition performances.

But whereas in 2010-11 - the series in which he claimed 24 wickets at an average of 26.04 - he was able to generate lateral movement, here he has struggled to find the seam or swing to trouble batsmen on such good pitches. More worryingly, he has failed to gain the movement found by his Australian counterparts.

It is a similar tale with Swann. On pitches offering him little, he was always likely to struggle for bite. But the fact is, he has been out-bowled by his opposite number, Nathan Lyon and, in conceding nearly four-an-over, has been unable to give his captain the control required to build pressure.

It is not just that he has struggled to gain any turn; that must be expected on these wickets. He has also struggled for the dip that used to make him such a dangerous bowler and he has failed to gain the bounce that has, at times, rendered Lyon the more dangerous operator.

unnecessary shots that spoke volumes for the pressure built up by Australia's disciplined attack

91Jmay

International Coach
England also failed to score 400 over the home and away series against NZ.

It's not that they're not getting out of first gear. They're just not that good. Against good bowling attacks they're as ordinary a team as anyone else. Australia has a very good bowling attack and they've crumbled because they're simply not good enough anymore.
Yeah this in spades. Need to find some new bats.

TNT

Banned
I dont think there was anything wrong with Trott, he just didnt want to play for England anymore.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fuel to the fire or do you agree with CoCo. If you do then I'm more out of touch that I thought! :wacko:
I think it would come across a lot better if you gave up the 1st/3rd gear analogy mate. That implies England are failing due to a lack of application, which clearly isn't true.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
English players are going through a collective phase of depression and their performances are clearly affected by it. Their minds are woolly and muddled up. Please sympathise with the team than ridiculing it. They have issues with their mental makeup which is not to be made fun of. They must be respected because they represent the country at the highest level.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
English players are going through a collective phase of depression and their performances are clearly affected by it. Their minds are woolly and muddled up. Please sympathise with the team than ridiculing it. They have issues with their mental makeup which is not to be made fun of. They must be respected because they represent the country at the highest level.
I've heard it referred to as 'the black dog', would you say this is more a case of 'the yellow duck'?

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I got a big red infraction for this post.

Can someone tell me the reason?

howardj

International Coach
At the risk of not giving Australia due credit, I have been enormously disappointed with England's lack of resolve this Summer. At the top level, there's a difference between effort, and hyper effort...between being motivated, and hyper motivated. They've put in effort and been motivated, but haven't been the latter.