• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Tim Bresnan fix everything?

Will Tim Bresnan fix everything?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
I just had a face-to-face conversation with a guy who claimed Bresnan should bat at 6 tomorrow. Talking cricket with strangers is a dangerous game.

I like Bresnan the bowler, but it takes real artistic licence to call him an allrounder at this level.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just had a face-to-face conversation with a guy who claimed Bresnan should bat at 6 tomorrow. Talking cricket with strangers is a dangerous game.

I like Bresnan the bowler, but it takes real artistic licence to call him an allrounder at this level.
I don't disagree with you but sadly at present I think he looks a better bet than Prior to score runs (hoping to be proved wrong, obviously)

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
I don't disagree with you but sadly at present I think he looks a better bet than Prior to score runs (hoping to be proved wrong, obviously)
I too fear for Prior. His second dismissal at the Gabba was one of those "please don't do x" moments, only to see him do exactly that.

Bresnan is turning out to be a better bowler than I hoped, but no better a batsman than I feared.

He shows balls at the crease, and defends his wicket dogmatically, but he's no higher than a number 8 in international cricket*.

* hoping to be proven wrong with a swashbuckling century

Carn_the_pies

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Good too see you BAA boi

But in all seriousness do you actually believe that Montys top spin isnt better suited to Aussie pitches than Swann's sideys?

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
A big 100 from Cook, but another minor collapse from certain others.

And I fear that **** Warner may tonne-up again