• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trott leaves tour

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
not on cricinfo yet. Hope he's ok.
Adam Mountford ‏@tmsproducer 4m
Jonathan Trott has left the #Ashes tour as he is suffering with a stress related illness #bbcsport

Adam Mountford ‏@tmsproducer 4m
ECB say Trott will take a break from cricket for the forseeable future and will take no futher part in the #ashes tour

Adam Mountford ‏@tmsproducer 3m
Trott says "I don't feel it is right that I'm playing knowing that I am not 100% and I cannot operate at the level I have done in the past"

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Sad to see stuff like this. Wish him all the best.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
By the sounds of things he's been managing it for a while (i.e. is not a response to the sledging/Mitch Johnson bouncers). Hope he can work through it, its the type of thing nobody would wish another to go through.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wonder if the sledging and post match conference comments had something to do with it.
I doubt the sledging from the Australians had much to do with it, but I'd say Cook calling Warner's comments disrespectful were related to it.

Poor bloke though, hope everything gets worked out for him. Of the English batsmen at home, who would be on the plane to fill in the spot in the squad for the rest of the tour?

Spark

Global Moderator
Wow. Wish him all the best.

EDIT: England have confirmed that Warner's comments had nothing to do with it, no one outside the England set-up had any idea.

ajdude

International Coach
yeah that's awful, poor bloke.

unfortunately **** like this is going to keep popping up though.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Kinda makes you think that Warner's comments were a bit over the top- esp being made in a press conference and questioning a guy's courage in that format. To say it on the field is one thing, but to say it to the media is a bit low imo. And tbf, I don't think someone with 4000 test runs should have their courage questioned.

Also reminded me of Albert Trott, who was effected by "melancholia". Are they related?

And who takes Trott's spot at #3? Bell?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So, what's people's thoughts on whether or not Warner/Australia knew something of these issues and hence that's why they were pushing it so hard.

Spark

Global Moderator
I doubt the sledging from the Australians had much to do with it, but I'd say Cook calling Warner's comments disrespectful were related to it.

Poor bloke though, hope everything gets worked out for him. Of the English batsmen at home, who would be on the plane to fill in the spot in the squad for the rest of the tour?
No one, apparently.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So, what's people's thoughts on whether or not Warner/Australia knew something of these issues and hence that's why they were pushing it so hard.
Warner's a dumb arse, but I'm quite confident if he knew about it, he would not have phrased the things he said the way he did