• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trott leaves tour

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
and one wonders if that would have any impact on a possible replacement (if so required) ie bring in a mature, well liked and respected head instead of a young party boy
They're already picked that Northern Kiwi though.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** sake, how many people commenting on Warner's comments have actually seen the press conference? He said his dismissal was weak and he had scared eyes. Absolutely kidding yourself if you think that causes a stress related illness. Have a spell.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder if it'll result in a Colin Cowdrey-type situation.

I love the story about Cowdrey, aged 42 and called to Australia to face Thommo and Lillee. He waddles on to the pitch to a snarling Jeff Thomson, walks right up to him and says

Class!

Can't see it happening these days.
Bring back Ramps! He is on tour afterall.

Spark

Global Moderator
Am I the only one who thinks that Warner's comments might have had something to do with this, may have been a factor, and that the ECB aren't going to give him the credit for it?
I'm pretty sure this is a deeper and more complex issue than a stupid sledge.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
the youngster is displaying some questionable decision making here. Scott Borthwick had the good sense to play in Sydney
Well I'd assume most grade tracks in Perth would be more extreme and different to England than Sydney, which is half the point of playing cricket overseas.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
**** sake, how many people commenting on Warner's comments have actually seen the press conference? He said his dismissal was weak and he had scared eyes. Absolutely kidding yourself if you think that causes a stress related illness. Have a spell.
Who here has said that though??

Langeveldt

Soutie
Who here has said that though??
Me, I'm not saying a stupid **** who I would travel a long way to abuse has caused Trott's stress related illness, but if he had one already perhaps it wouldn't take a lot to cause him further problems. Straw that breaks the camel's back kind of thing..

Also Warner's comments are one small thing, but the media circus and dissection of said comments and his technique are another

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
well the wheels are starting to come off big style, this isn't an over night thing, apart from his stress, his lack of form and prior's has been apparent for long enough, strauss, very clever at getting out when he did. who's going to role their sleeves up and get stuck in and want it big style ? lets see.
England have been carrying at least 3 players recently and have been thoroughly found out !!!

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
I hope the reaction from England is to man-up and do it for Trotty.

The alternative (self-pity, melancholia) will lead to a hiding of 06/07 proportions.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I hope the reaction from England is to man-up and do it for Trotty.

The alternative (self-pity, melancholia) will lead to a hiding of 06/07 proportions.
I mean it's only likely to harden their resolve. Whether that's enough obviously who knows.

the big bambino

International Captain
I wonder if it'll result in a Colin Cowdrey-type situation.

I love the story about Cowdrey, aged 42 and called to Australia to face Thommo and Lillee. He waddles on to the pitch to a snarling Jeff Thomson, walks right up to him and says

Class!

Can't see it happening these days.
You know I think it was this incident that made me respect players of the past. The 1st series I ever saw was as a young chap watching Snow beat us in 70/71. So I revelled in Lillee and Thommo getting pay back on the poms. I thought one of them was going to kill Cowdrey and, shamefully, I was looking forward to it. That a 42 yo man came out to face probably the fastest bowler ever in his pomp as well as the bowler of his generation on a Perth flyer taught me a lesson about skill and courage. I ended up admiring him and wishing him to succeed. Made me grow up and human. That admiration extended to Titmus and later on Brian Close facing Holding. Those old buggers could play I remember thinking. Took me out of my generation bubble and made me respect the achievements of the past.

As for Trott I wonder if this will have an effect on how the rest of the series is played? The series was set up in Brisbane to be an ugly contest. Maybe the mood will become as subdued as the traditional Adelaide wicket.

the big bambino

International Captain
Well Warner has a decision to make given he knows this news now. What was all part of the warfare now seems OTT. If they just want to win the Ashes he won't apologize for any possible offence he caused Trott as his comments did strike a chord amongst the English camp and that was the objective. If he has values he will apologize. Somehow given his nationality I doubt he will say Sorry.

Not fair bud.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Me, I'm not saying a stupid **** who I would travel a long way to abuse has caused Trott's stress related illness, but if he had one already perhaps it wouldn't take a lot to cause him further problems. Straw that breaks the camel's back kind of thing..

Also Warner's comments are one small thing, but the media circus and dissection of said comments and his technique are another
I too would travel many miles to abuse David Warner, and I sincerely hope I get the chance whilst in Adelaide.

I didn't like his comments and agree with Cook that it is disrespectful to slag players off the field.........but I thought that before the sad Trott news and I don't really believe at this stage that a) Warner had any knowledge of Trotts condition and b) that his comments, dumb as they undoubtedly were would have had any impact on Trott........let's not forget that Michael Vaughan also slagged Trott off big time this week and no fingers are getting pointed at him/

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
I too would travel many miles to abuse David Warner, and I sincerely hope I get the chance whilst in Adelaide.

I didn't like his comments and agree with Cook that it is disrespectful to slag players off the field.........but I thought that before the sad Trott news and I don't really believe at this stage that a) Warner had any knowledge of Trotts condition and b) that his comments, dumb as they undoubtedly were would have had any impact on Trott........let's not forget that Michael Vaughan also slagged Trott off big time this week and no fingers are getting pointed at him/
Vaughan is really starting to get on my nerves!!

He seems to forget that for much of the 2nd half of his career, he was a walking wicket.

And now a rent-a-gob supremo! Well and truly off my Christmas card list

Langeveldt

Soutie

I hope you use that opportunity well..

If you are going to play the school bully then you can't play the nice guy when things go wrong..

Vaughan, despite being a fantastic player and captain, seems like less of a likeable guy now he is in the media.. Sort of the opposite of how I view Glenn McGrath