• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trott leaves tour

Arachnodouche

International Captain
So is his condition exacerbated by failures on the field? Would he have stayed back if he'd managed to cobble together a few runs?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So is his condition exacerbated by failures on the field? Would he have stayed back if he'd managed to cobble together a few runs?
Don't know if you're having a crack or asking a legitimate question but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I think it works the other way - ie. his performance is negatively affected by his condition.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'd imagine not doing well at your job often impacts mental health issues one is having, and I expect mental health issues one is having often result in you not doing well at your job.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't know if you're having a crack or asking a legitimate question but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I think it works the other way - ie. his performance is negatively affected by his condition.
That is just pure speculation. Important to note that stress isn't depression. Stress disorders can trigger depression in people who are highly vulnerable to that sort of thing.

Having a stress related Illness doesn't mean he all of a sudden doesn't know how to play the short ball. The illness effects how he feels away from the sport, and from all reports he has spent plenty of time in the nets so it hasn't stopped him from practicing in the lead up.

jan

State Vice-Captain
How comes that with all the support thats behind teams in international cricket and stress being a known issue Trott breaks on tour? I mean shouldnt that have been taken care of prior to the tour?
All the best to him though, would hate to see him no more.

Last any bastman did that during the Ashes?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wish him all the best, let us hope that we see him playing for England again come the summer.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really hope he gets better. There is a test championship coming up, champ! We hope to see you there.....

Also, cricinfo today said Warner feels he went "too far". Wonder if that came about with him getting some info on Trott's issues from some inside sources. He must be feeling like a right piece of fungus for saying those things now.

Zinzan

He really did look out-of-sorts, so not totally surprising. Good luck to the man, fine cricketer.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sad news really.

Does not bode well for the rest of the tour though. One imagines this sort of thing probably has quite an effect on your team mates. Will be interesting to see how the team as a whole responds.

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
Just the way he operates at the crease. He looks such an incredibly intense and introvert character.

I'm not saying this Johnson stuff was the basis of his woes. But it can't have helped in the end.

I've always thought cricket could be a uniquely cruel sport. With batsmen obviously copping the worst.

Spikey

Sad news really.

Does not bode well for the rest of the tour though. One imagines this sort of thing probably has quite an effect on your team mates. Will be interesting to see how the team as a whole responds.
and one wonders if that would have any impact on a possible replacement (if so required) ie bring in a mature, well liked and respected head instead of a young party boy

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
Really hope he gets better. There is a test championship coming up, champ! We hope to see you there.....

Also, cricinfo today said Warner feels he went "too far". Wonder if that came about with him getting some info on Trott's issues from some inside sources. He must be feeling like a right piece of fungus for saying those things now.
In hall honesty, no.

I don't think there's anything to gain by both sides on inflicting a guilt-trip on Warner now.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Am I the only one who thinks that Warner's comments might have had something to do with this, may have been a factor, and that the ECB aren't going to give him the credit for it?

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
and one wonders if that would have any impact on a possible replacement (if so required) ie bring in a mature, well liked and respected head instead of a young party boy
I wonder if it'll result in a Colin Cowdrey-type situation.

I love the story about Cowdrey, aged 42 and called to Australia to face Thommo and Lillee. He waddles on to the pitch to a snarling Jeff Thomson, walks right up to him and says

"Hello, Mr Thomson. Nice to meet you, my name's Cowdrey"
Class!

Can't see it happening these days.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Stress related.
Well Warner has a decision to make given he knows this news now. What was all part of the warfare now seems OTT. If they just want to win the Ashes he won't apologize for any possible offence he caused Trott as his comments did strike a chord amongst the English camp and that was the objective. If he has values he will apologize. Somehow given his nationality I doubt he will say Sorry.