• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was Australia's Sledging Too Much?

ripper868

International Coach
You're assuming Warner has any redeeming features as a bloke.
His missus. See Candic Falzon (google it yerselves)

other luminaries shes been through include Braith Anasta, Matt Henjak, David Carney, $onny Bill Williams, Sam Burgess and Brent Staker

wiff

First Class Debutant
Australia just had a climax and let out a collective sigh of relief, born out of frustration by a series of no-run stands. Just hope they don't fall asleep and can get up for the next match.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't say I'm proud of some of the things that were said by our boys, but **** it, this is the ashes ad if they want to dish it out they can

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His missus. See Candic Falzon (google it yerselves)

other luminaries shes been through include Braith Anasta, Matt Henjak, David Carney, $onny Bill Williams, Sam Burgess and Brent Staker
Wait, Warner is with Falzon?? First I've heard of it...

benchmark00

It's almost as if Michael Slater hasn't mentioned it every 3 seconds on the coverage.......

Last edited:

TNT

Banned
England plan to add more red meat to their trendy menu, apparently after the Gabba test they decided it needs a few tweaks. If they can get it right by Adelaide things should turn around for them.

wiff

First Class Debutant
England plan to add more red meat to their trendy menu, apparently after the Gabba test they decided it needs a few tweaks. If they can get it right by Adelaide things should turn around for them.
It's not the English way, things will get curly with a squeeze of lemon in their tea

the big bambino

International Captain
Johnson was fighting for his career and getting square for years of being dominated by and ridiculed by the English. You think under those circumstances he isn't going to whack in a little payback? Completely excusable. Even had a go at an ump who called him for a bumper wide - "It isn't one day cricket"

Bailey to Anderson - fair. Don't know what he said but it got him Jimmy all whingey. Its the potty mouth with the butter wouldn't melt in his mouth smile that pissed Anderson off I'm sure.

Clarke had to make a stand to defend his team mate. Remember dressing room unity has been an issue. Clarke alive to that I suppose and stepped in. Good on him: Keeping it tight.

Warner to Trott. Thumbs down. After school hours my friend. What goes on the field stays on it type of thing. I can overlook most things in the heat of the match. But afterwards is a time for repairs or at least not making things worse. Just pipe down on twitter and save it up next time he's at the crease. making it a public comment like that felt more like ridicule than a sledge.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Only being fined because it got caught on the mic. I didn't particularly like what he said, but I imagine similar sledges are said quite often? I imagine "broken rib" and "broken thumb" get thrown around quite often out there.

benchmark00

This would be such a good opportunity for a company (most likely betting company or VB) to come out and say they'll pay the fine on behalf of Clarke. Would be such good free publicity.

wiff

First Class Debutant
This would be such a good opportunity for a company (most likely betting company or VB) to come out and say they'll pay the fine on behalf of Clarke. Would be such good free publicity.
We'll give a XXXX for Anderson's arm?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My interpretation was that the swearing was the issue

Not sure a fine is sufficient personally, I recommend a four Test ban :ph34r: