• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was Australia's Sledging Too Much?

Mark68

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Johnson has been complaining about the English batsmen and their so-called 'delaying tactics'. Looks like the whingeing is turning full circle....

Obviously England's delaying tactics weren't successful as the current scoreline is 4-0. So why is he bitching?

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I m happy for the Australian team, the way they performed, it shows they have worked very hard and executed their plans well. Its good to see the commitment and self less attitude of some of the guys. I would have liked it even more if Hussey was in the side.

There is something that this team needs to learn, and that's keeping their feet on the ground in victory. I m sure the so called "sledging" and the way some of the guys are over reacting will disappear when Australia starts loosing. Lets just hope that sledging(or whatever it is) is kept to a minimal level and most guys behave like grown men and respect each other. They are role models and icons for the youngsters, there is also a social responsibility which needs to be taken care of. Its a sport, entertain people by your high skill and not anything else.

Last edited: