• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah the thing I like about Johnson's bowling at the moment is that it's the sustainable type of Johnson good; the sort of bowling he produced when he was actually a consistently good contributor to the attack for a year or two. It's not the near-mythical "match-winning" Johnson who bends the ball back in to right handers in the air, or the wild Johnson who is only effective on the Perth wicket. He's just bowling fast, hostile stuff with reasonable control and occasionally getting some of that natural Kasprowicz-like undercutting tail away from the RHB; that's what he's good at.

He's not trying to swing the ball get traditional seam movement; he's just playing to his strengths and it's the sort of bowling he's capable of sustaining. I'd be much less optimistic about it if these were just the two matches out of every 30 that he swung the ball in the air or he'd just got a pitch with some crazy bounce but as I said before he was picked, as much as I doubted his mental state going into another Ashes contest and definitely wouldn't have picked him for that reason, it was nice to him talked up as someone in good rhythm, bowling really quickly etc and not "Johnson's swinging the ball!!!!11!"
Yeah but he did swing a couple last night away from Cook too. When he's on, it just happens. When he's going for it, 7/over.

Siddle's definitely the straight man of the attack.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Would feel a bit happier if we were able to get the ball off the square in situations like these.

EDIT; Carberry gets the ball off the square. Hold the ****ing front page.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Watson was about 7 km/h slower it would be perfect for Haddin to go up to the stumps and peg them in their crease and go for an LBW.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Lyon to Carberry should be a good little spell. Carberry looking totally at sea for the time being though

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I did say it at the time but debuting Carberry in Bangladesh was a bit of a bbqing. Bloke's struggling with Lyon in Australia ffs.

Not that he much looked cop against the real quick stuff in the second dig at Brisbane mind you.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Based on the scoring rate of the last 3 balls, we'll be set for a handsome lead by close.