• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
A lot worse places for a debutant batsman than Adelaide tbf. Looking forward to seeing Ballance play if he's picked. Have heard good things about him.
There was some note about him not being up to England's fitness standards during the tour game. Wtf that means. Hope he does his homework on time.

slowerball

Cricket Spectator
I've almost forgotten that their is a test match starting today in Adelaide, the weather is appalling, with hail showers overnight and freaking heavy ones this morning, its 11c and it doesn't really have a "Cricket" feeling

Woodster

International Captain
The inclusion of Ballance does excite more so than Jonny Bairstow, but I'd have thought the latter would have made more sense in theory with regards continuity of selection and having that bit more experience may have helped Bairstow's case, but not enough it seems. I think they'll go with the following -
1. Carberry
2. Cook
3. Bell
4. KP
5. Root
6. Ballance
7. Prior
8. Bresnan
9. Broad
10. Swann
11. Jimmy

Wouldn't disagree if they went Bairstow at six, but not looking likely at the stage. Bres has to come back in if he's fit enough and he's got that bit of nip about him that he has been known to lose when recovering from an operation. notably his elbow surgery around 18 months to two years ago. The idea of going with five bowlers I'd think is unlikely especially with the batsmen not really bossing things right now, and I can't see us going in with two spinners personally.

Carn_the_pies

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Not too hot today which will help Baa boi's Barmy army not get exhausted in the Aussie sun.

They capitulated in Brisvegas.

91Jmay

International Coach
Panesar and Stokes would be an unbelievable gamble. Stokes as number 7? When Prior can't buy a run. Stokes as 3rd seamer? With Jimmy not at his best? Panesar in Australia? Two spinners in Australia.

Oh jesus.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Vaughan was against the decision before but now saying that the track is a two spinner pitch.

We'll see I guess. This stage before the last Test and I was announcing Faulkner in for the Aussies so probably best to just ignore me.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I just don't know what we'll do if we lose the toss. Broad and Anderson the only bankers against Warner and co.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
This Stokes/Panesar talk is scaring the **** out of me. Dependent on where Bell bats, we could have a tail starting at 5.

Not a fan of Stokes in the slightest. Nothing personal. I've just not seen any indication that he's particularly good. Would have taken Woakes down there ahead of him every day of the week.