• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agnew and Boycs complaining about bouncers to tailenders and saying the umps are weak and won't step in. Thoughts?
I don't think the umpires being weak is the England team's problem at the moment...And bouncers to tailenders are fine.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why are we discussing face value, when nobody here takes it on face value ffs? If you watched the series, then you'd know 3-0 doesn't flatter them.
I'd say the opposite actually. If you actually watched the series then you'd know it does.

SpofforthLohman

U19 12th Man
:laugh:

We've been saying that about England for years.

Am glad we got on and knocked them over quickly today. Never envisaged this scoreline after 2 matches in my wildest dreams! Hope it can continue for Perth.
I am with you there. I was so ashamed of our team that I didn't even watch a ball bowled after the 3rd test. I had totally written them off as a one man team and a bowling attack England would make 600 plus against every innings of the series. I am glad Johnson came back and proved me wrong. It is not as if it is the worst Aussie test side I ever saw, that one is no contest it is the Aussie team during world series cricket and we had Yallop as captain, that was a 5th rate team if ever there was, not surprising as our real team was banned from tests.

SpofforthLohman

U19 12th Man
I am with you there. I was so ashamed of our team that I didn't even watch a ball bowled after the 3rd test. I had totally written them off as a one man team and a bowling attack England would make 600 plus against every innings of the series. I am glad Johnson came back and proved me wrong. It is not as if it is the worst Aussie test side I ever saw, that one is no contest it is the Aussie team during world series cricket and we had Yallop as captain, that was a 5th rate team if ever there was, not surprising as our real team was banned from tests.
They were so bad England beat them .... hehehehehehee

Ruckus

International Captain
I can't actually remember what was the deal with the final match, but the other draw, yeah I already said before I reckon we deserved to win that because of the unfortunate weather. 3-1 probably would have been a more accurate representation of how each of the teams fared.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There's a big difference between "the scoreline flattered England" and "the results flattered England." The former is taking about the balance of play over the series, while the latter is talking about individual matches.
So much this. England deserved to win all the matches they won - they were the better side in each of them - but the end scoreline suggests a more consistently dominant display than what actually happened.