• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The Adelaide test could be very pivotal, but only because it could prove that the Gabba was a big **** up by England plus a rare good performance by Aus, if Australia manage a win or a convincing draw at Adelaide I'll be convinced that we can hold off England for the rest of the series and win 2-1 or possibly 3-1

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It took one of the most powerful line-ups ever assembled, an opposition in free-fall, and near-perfect home conditions to win 5-0.

Let's count out that possibility right now, eh?
Let's not.

England fought back reasonably 2nd innings in Brisbane in 2006 and carried that into the first 3/4 days of Adelaide. Then day 5 happened and there was no way back for the remainder of the series.

Here, we've capitulated at Brisbane. A bad innings at Adelaide and I fear for us.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
5--0??? Some of you blokes are havin a laugh...........get off the crack pipe ****s!!

You can't begin to compare either of these sides to 2006/7. Australia have just won their first test match in how long? and this is Englands first loss in 15...........this series will not end up 5-0.

Agree with the comments about Adelaide being pivotal for England to get back in the series and it is quite possible that we'll continue to struggle against a buoyant Aussie side that has found its mojo...........they are not a side about to embark on a 5 test winning streak though!!

I fear for England and do not feel overly confident of us going home with the Ashes, but it will be 2-1 or 3-2 or something like that we go down (or maybe we'll win 4-1 :p)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There's no more a chance of Australia winning this series 5-0 than there is of England winning it 5-0. It is just simply not going to happen.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
View attachment 20946

WA, NT and QLD so not observe DST, just to make things interesting:D
The only states that count have the same time zone though, i.e.:

- Vic for obvious reasons
- NSW because I live here now
- Tas because its where Matthew Richardson is from

No one cares about the other states.

wiff

First Class Debutant
The only states that count have the same time zone though, i.e.:

- Vic for obvious reasons
- NSW because I live here now
- Tas because its where Matthew Richardson is from

No one cares about the other states.
Yeah it's easy: 3 different time zones, but 5 different times.

Spark

Global Moderator
Let's not.

England fought back reasonably 2nd innings in Brisbane in 2006 and carried that into the first 3/4 days of Adelaide. Then day 5 happened and there was no way back for the remainder of the series.

Here, we've capitulated at Brisbane. A bad innings at Adelaide and I fear for us.
What you're talking about is the possibility of a decisive victory, ie. 3-0, 3-1. This batting lineup is not capable of putting up a winning score for 5 consecutive tests (few batting lineups are, tbf).

uvelocity

International Coach
5-0 ****s. who gives a **** if we have a fragile batting lineup, often drop catches, have one of the worst runners between the wicket, and the worst drs reviewer of all time in the team. who cares if we just won our first ashes test in nearly 3 years. who cares if our frontline spinner has only 50 first class games under his belt, our pace attack changes every match and our coach is on debut. we are winning this **** 5-0 and haters can suck it.