Page 11 of 197 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: *Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Apparently the drop-in has been viewed by the curator with green-tinted glasses.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    How much of a concern is Anderson's output to England supporters? From what little I saw at the Gabba he bowled decently but not as pentratatively as he has been in the more recent past. He also wasn't great at the back end if the England series. Anyone know if he's carrying a niggle or heard whether he's a bit fatigued?

Cue match figures of 11-82 in Adelaide now I've raised this issue.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    England's behaviour in not talking to the media at Brisbane Airport was pretty bizarre. Can't really see the point in it. Coming out and acting like everything was fine would've sent the message that they weren't that ruffled by Brisbane and would just get on with the job in Adelaide. Instead, they've decided to act like the Liberal Party and refuse to talk to anyone.

I guess whatever works, but by doing what they did they look like petulant 12 year olds and let everyone know they were rattled by the Brisbane loss.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    I guess whatever works, but by doing what they did they look like petulant 12 year olds and let everyone know they were rattled by the Brisbane loss.
    The Aussie media are petulant 2 year olds though so why bother talking to them?

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Lol.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Craddock saying that a member of the English coaching staff went over to the umpires and said that the bowling was intimidatory

If this is true it is the greatest thing of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    The Aussie media are petulant 2 year olds though so why bother talking to them?
    It's not everyone though...at least work out who you should and shouldn't be talking to. A blanket ban just makes the English team look like a bunch of sooks. We've all heard how professional they are, so it would be nice to see it in action. It made them look as childish as some of the media has been the past week or so.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 27-11-2013 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    He got **** all in the first dig though and then got out to Pietersen in the second
    That was the greatest thing ever, was such a reward for managing to stay awake the whole day.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Craddock saying that a member of the English coaching staff went over to the umpires and said that the bowling was intimidatory

That's up there with Johnson complaining about the Barmy Army a few years back
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

going to put it out there that i'm genuinely bubbling with excitement for the first time in a helluva long time that we have finally turned the corner, and are going to play proper cricket like we should. listening to warner and clarkeh build their innnings on the radio on sat i went from super nervous all the way to super confident, and then see us close out the match and win in such a way that the poms (pretty recently in the discussion as the best team going around) are running scared not just at one focal player, but in my opinion actually a majority of the squad - it makes me feel good about the national team for the first time in quite a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    How much of a concern is Anderson's output to England supporters? From what little I saw at the Gabba he bowled decently but not as pentratatively as he has been in the more recent past. He also wasn't great at the back end if the England series. Anyone know if he's carrying a niggle or heard whether he's a bit fatigued?

Cue match figures of 11-82 in Adelaide now I've raised this issue.
    That would be handy.

But to answer your question, yeah I've been worried for a while now. He didn't take loads against SA in 2012 either, so I wonder if passing 30 is beginning to reduce effectiveness from what it was in 2010 & 2011.

He just seems to lost a bit of bite off the deck. Still a fine bowler with excellent control, but without that zip or swing (which he won't get) then he does lack consistently effective wicket-taking weapons beyond control. Which may be enough - we'll see.

International Debutant
    We have proven we can knock over Australia with out him so for this series its not a huge concern, but going forward against better batting line ups it is.

Stuart Broad in a sensational hat on morning news this morning. A rather large akubra.

Am fully expecting an England turnaround in Adelaide too. You'd think there'd be a fairly determined fight back after the 1st Test.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 27-11-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post

Oh dear
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Page 11 of 197 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information