• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

adub

International Captain
Was away from the computer yesterday and will be again most of today. I have been one of Johnson's biggest critic. But sometimes you just love to be proven wrong. Boi is bowling some fair jaffas. Threw in a couple of wides just to let us know this isn't some fast bowling android in a Mitchell Johnson skin, but even in his previous 'Good Mitch' incarnations he's never bowled with such control for such a long period.

Had a laugh when Warney was hinting that a knighthood wouldn't be sniffed at. If anyone should be at the top of the Queens honours list (assuming Abbott goes the full monarchist) then Sir Craig McDermott should be for services to turning hacks into deadly fast bowling weaponry.

If the poms don't mind meld with Bell soon they are going to Perth shattered.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching the highlights of yesterday, and I think you can add Carberry to Bell in terms of being well organised ATM. I know he hasn't gone on with one yet, but he looks a proper player, against the quick stuff at least. Genuinely unlucky to get sawn off by a screamer yesterday.

Hooksey

Banned
The Herald Sun, Melbourne reported former England captain was "merciless when Johnson ripped the heart out of England" yesterday :

"Say what you want - it's hard and fast. But England look absolutely petrified of Johnson'' - tweeted Vaughan.

adub

International Captain
Yeah Carbs is up for it, but he doesn't quite have Bells ability to take the initiative. Those glides over the slips from Bell were Sachin quality. Dude was sending a message. If he doesn't bat 3 for them from now on they are ****ing turnips.

They can stick a fork in Prior though.

TNT

Banned
Watching the highlights of yesterday, and I think you can add Carberry to Bell in terms of being well organised ATM. I know he hasn't gone on with one yet, but he looks a proper player, against the quick stuff at least. Genuinely unlucky to get sawn off by a screamer yesterday.
Carberry should have been out on the last ball of day 2. That screamer was the second time he was out.

benchmark00

England should be embarrassed. Professional, test cricketers afraid of pace. Not up for the fight. Good luck in Perth.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
England should be embarrassed. Professional, test cricketers afraid of pace. Not up for the fight. Good luck in Perth.
Sadly this is completely correct. I'm embarrassed as a supporter. The players should forefeit their match fees, well, most of them anyway.

benchmark00

Yeah this is right. I've been impressed with the Pink Panther against the pacemen, and the best way to describe him is 'organised'. Looks like he keeps it pretty simple.

Bell has again been on a different planet to the rest of them though.