• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Brad Haddin the best keeper Australia have ?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
So anyway, you're absolutely kidding yourself Salamuddin. Haddin is and always has been class. Would have to be one of the most underrated test cricketers in the world at the moment. Which suits me because tasters gonna taste.
The guy has the ability to pull us out of **** situations pretty regularly. Reckon I can remember 5 or 6 times when we've been 7/100something and he's guided us close to 300.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The guy has the ability to pull us out of **** situations pretty regularly. Reckon I can remember 5 or 6 times when we've been 7/100something and he's guided us close to 300.
Yeah, but at the same time he's also had periods where, when one of those innings was needed, he's slapped the ball straight to short cover for 5.

He's imperfect, but ATM he's still better than the alternatives. The discussion is now mostly about who comes in for him when he hangs up the gloves, tbh. Agree with Tangles and Benchmark that Nevill should be the guy.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yeah, but at the same time he's also had periods where, when one of those innings was needed, he's slapped the ball straight to short cover for 5.

He's imperfect, but ATM he's still better than the alternatives. The discussion is now mostly about who comes in for him when he hangs up the gloves, tbh. Agree with Tangles and Benchmark that Nevill should be the guy.
Yeh maybe, I just seem to remember a number of occasions where he's really dragged us out of the ****. I mean his first innings here has completely saved us and changed the whole tone of the game. Without his contribution (and MJs) we would have been rolled for 150ish.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really rate Haddin as a batsman. Has brainfarts sometimes but frequently delivers in tough situations.
And his lofted drives are pure *** :wub:

Spikey

haddin of course would have got there faster if he had glenn mcgrath in the team

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FFS, stop riding his knob

Prior averages 7 runs more per innings with the bat and ADV about 15

If you think that any Australian wouldn't punt Haddin for either, then you are completely deluded

Oh wait ......

Anyway. congrats to him for one of his few decent tests in the last 3 years

benchmark00

haddin of course would have got that faster if he had glenn mcgrath in the team
Shows how class of a player Brad Haddin is with those stats after keeping to inferior bowlers. Second best keeper bat Australia's had IMO.