• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

133rd Thread - Home or Away?

Home or away?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes I do know that. Perth is also the most isolated capital city on earth.

When I said Wilpena pound isn't far from Adelaide, I meant it's only a half days drive btw

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yes I do know that. Perth is also the most isolated capital city on earth.

When I said Wilpena pound isn't far from Adelaide, I meant it's only a half days drive btw
I bloody would hope you know that given it was you who informed me of said fact. Numpty.

Burgey

But Perth offers you lot the opportunity to miss the first session, get up early and watch the last one and a bit at a not unreasonable hour, surely?

Burgey

I think the oldest evidence of life on earth was found in the flinders ranges. Bill Bryson talks about it's discovery in his excellent tome Down Under

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
But Perth offers you lot the opportunity to miss the first session, get up early and watch the last one and a bit at a not unreasonable hour, surely?
Yeah I quite like Perth. The only entire day I watched in 10-11 was Perth day 3 (sadly)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It does. Afternoon session starts at 5:10am IIRC.

Because of the way daylight savings works, you guys get things much easier though. Start times for us are midnight, midnight, 2:30am, 11:30pm and 11:30pm. IIRC start times for you lot in summer were around 8pm?

Burgey

It does. Afternoon session starts at 5:10am IIRC.

Because of the way daylight savings works, you guys get things much easier though. Start times for us are midnight, midnight, 2:30am, 11:30pm and 11:30pm. IIRC start times for you lot in summer were around 8pm?
Aye

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Away series. Better commentary, better conditions for the sort of cricket I like to watch, and I don't sleep anyway.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The recent test series in Bangladesh was perfect for NZers other than the dire commentary, dead pitches and low quality cricket.

So basically, just a 4:30pm start going for it. Which is ****ing perfect. Get to watch all but half an hour's play.