• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Congratulations KP

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
gonna report that post, and if you get a warning I hope you'll take it in your stride like the last one you got:ph34r:

Cricketismylife

U19 12th Man
Kallis and Chanderpaul are hardly his generation, they debuted about a decade earlier didn't they? From the rest:

1)AbD - It is close but KP is ahead for mine. AbD's got a lot of soft runs and has pummeled the weaker attacks more. Not that there isn't anything wrong with that or that he hasn't scored against good attacks, but he hasn't done it enough until now in my view.
2) Amla - yes he is better than KP.
3)Clarke - yes better than KP
4)Smith - interesting. This is probably the same as Cook vs KP - method vs madness? Take your pick, 50-50.
5)Sanga-have gone over this bloke in detail on another thread so won't bore everyone again. In short -away record not flash for a supposed ATG, has poor averages in about as many countries as he does tons outside the SC. Vastly overrated IMO.
6)Cook-more 'reliable' than KP? Perhaps. But if KP cannot keep his head down and play like Cook does, then Cook cannot play like KP does either. 50-50
7)Pujara-lol
8)Kohli-in ODIs yes, in tests it is not even close

I'd say post Tendulkar's debut, he's definitely in the top 7 or 8. Needs to shelve his ego a little though, I'd agree with that.
So Pietersen is ahead of Sanga due to Sanga's record outside subcontinent? Maybe you can explain then why Sanga has a better record than Pietersen in South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. And you can't just remove Pakistan, because they have tended to be a strong attack as Pietersen has found out averaging 30 vs them including that woeful series on the UAE "flat tracks".

Pietersen is better in England and West Indies only, has an average 9 points lower, which is massive even if Bangla and Zim are included in there. Defensively he is nowhere near as tight as Sanga or able to play off both front and back foot like Sanga. Add in the keeping burden and there really is absolutely no contest between these players. You would be better off comparing Mahela or Samaraweera with Pietersen.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sangakkara is way better, come on. KP is a bit like Laxman for me... A batsman capable of touching heights very few can match but throws it away too often to be put in the top bracket. Really infuriating.

He's better imo than Samaraweera and Mahela though. For the generation, I'd say Amla, Clarke, Smith, atleast are comfortably ahead.