• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Pub Quiz

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Unsure of how best to format this.

However, I fancy running a few trivia events during the series, so here we go. Who's in?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ashes Pub Quiz - Round 1

The first round of our Ashes Pub Quiz will be a game of Black Sheep.

For those not familiar with Black Sheep, I will ask 10 questions, you guys give me 10 answers. The aim of the game is to give me the least popular answer, and, like in golf, score the lowest possible score. However, answers must be correct. Incorrect answers will score one point more than the most popular correct answer, or the total of incorrect answers, whichever is greater.

Please email your answers to ashespubquiz@hotmail.co.uk , making sure to put your username in the subject field so that I can identify your answers. Closing deadline for answers is the start of play on day 1 of the Brisbane Test.

Quiz notes: Furball was born on April 28th 1985

1. Name a ground that was used as a Test venue in the 2005 Ashes series?
2. Name a player to have scored 250 or more in a single innings in an Ashes Test?
3. Name a player to have taken 15 or more wickets in an Ashes Test?
4. Name a player who has captained his side to an Ashes series win in my lifetime?
5. Name a player who has scored 700 or more runs in a single Ashes series?
6. Name a player who has taken 50 or more Ashes wickets in the 21st century?
7. Name a ground on which Donald Bradman scored an Ashes Test Century?
8. Name a player who has kept wicket in an Ashes Test in the 21st century?
9. Name any non-wicketkeeping player to have taken 40 or more catches in Ashes Tests?
10. Name a player to have taken part in 30 or more Ashes Tests in my lifetime?

Good luck!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Pub Quiz - The Teams

As it's an Ashes series, funnily enough the two teams will be Australia and England.

Absolutely everyone on the board is welcome to play in any of the events - there will be team and individual scoreboards for the entire series - for those of you who are neutral, just let me know who you want to play for in the Pub Quiz.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
So my result will influence the performance of a whole group of people? What if I can't deal with the pressure?