• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umpires for the Ashes

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia v England 2013-14

Brisbane Aleem Dar/Kumar Dharmasena............ TV: Marias Erasmus
Adelaide Marias Erasmus/Kumar Dharmasena... . TV: Tony Hill
Perth Marias Erasmus/Billy Bowden............... TV: Tony Hill
Melbourne Aleem Dar/Kumar Dharmasena............. TV: Billy Bowden
Sydney Aleem Dar/Marias Erasmus.................. TV: Tony Hill

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Interesting that the most important test series in cricket can't even be allocated Elite Panel umpires for all 5 matches.

Tony Hill being kept to TV duties is surely a sign that he'll be dumped when their contracts are up next... he is older than Koertzen when he retired and nearly as old as Bucknor when he retired.

Burgey

Dharmasena, Bowden and Hill is a perfect umpiring storm of ineptitude.

And surely saying Dharmasena's blind isn't ableist any more than saying his eyes are painted on or he's umpiring in Braille?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Bowden is terrible but I'm hoping to see an excellent series for DRS, so it shouldn't matter.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Dharmasena, Bowden and Hill is a perfect umpiring storm of ineptitude.

And surely saying Dharmasena's blind isn't ableist any more than saying his eyes are painted on or he's umpiring in Braille?
Sounds as though I wasn't watching his end closely enough, or I was put off by Dar having the worst series I've seen from him in the last Ashes, but Dharmasena didn't seem terrible. Well I wouldn't out him as low as the other two.

flibbertyjibber

Sounds as though I wasn't watching his end closely enough, or I was put off by Dar having the worst series I've seen from him in the last Ashes, but Dharmasena didn't seem terrible. Well I wouldn't out him as low as the other two.
When you polish a turd it is still a turd.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Dharmasena didn't overturn Khawaja's dismissal at Old Trafford for reasons best known to him, and doesn't bother with front foot no-balls.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As long as that **** who gave Freddie out in New Zealand that time when you could drive a hummer between bat and ball isnt umpiring then I'm happy. And given it was about 12 years ago then I don't suppose he will be.