• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poms' Diana Ross-Style Demands

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it's magic, and Jonah's is a terrific spot. Haven't stayed there but I'd love to. Food is amazing.

Palm Beach, Bilgola and Newport all gun spots too.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah I know you do. Fmd I inhaled about seven bananas the day I arrived in York in 2011 because all our bananas here got wiped out in a cyclone and they were about 30 bucks a kilo - hadn't had any in months.

its just your climate doesn't lend itself to growing a wide range of really good fresh fruit and veggies. It can't be helped, it's just the way it is.
Your second paragraph is complete bollocks. Best berries in the world come from the east of Scotland.

In fact we're amazingly blessed in terms of our fresh produce. We just tend to stick it in batter and deep fry it.

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah used to go sailing in the pittwater with the old man and put the boat on the beach at palm beach and wander up for some fish n chips.

i dont know if it was jonahs but the wedding was on the beach and then we wandered up to this joint which had a bit of a split level set up overlooking whale beach.

Burgey

Your second paragraph is complete bollocks. Best berries in the world come from the east of Scotland.

In fact we're amazingly blessed in terms of our fresh produce. We just tend to stick it in batter and deep fry it.
Can't recall my last English mango, paw paw or kiwi fruit tbh

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
"This is the salmon that actually jumps on the hook for you. There's a whole little group of them sitting over there..."

- PJ Keating, 1995.
Typical response Burgey. Can't think of any riposte so pretend you were baiting.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's funny how "dietary requirements" has a different meaning in different parts of the world.

I imagine in Australia this roughly equates to: "not eating out of a trough".

flibbertyjibber

Team on tour in wanting food shock.

Can see the Aussies are rattled that they are making such a story over this. Normally they try to say England are crap but they can't as we have won the last 3 series so they are clutching at this straw instead.

Burgey

It's funny how "dietary requirements" has a different meaning in different parts of the world.

I imagine in Australia this roughly equates to: "not eating out of a trough".
Your imagination is fertile but inaccurate.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Looks good. We are all products of out environment though. Dessert I made tonight is all fresh berries in a baking dish, topped with marshmallows and out under the BBQ for about 15
minutes. It's the sort of thing you do when you have heaps of fresh produce available I suppose.
Might have to steal that one, tbh. Looks gun.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think it shows that nobody can accuse England of not being completely professional.. They'll cop a pasting about it thats for sure though.. Foods in England, very very heavy for mine.. What happened to the days of having a smoke and a coffee after your innings?

Half of these foods I haven't even heard of, no idea what a Goji berry is.. I think people the world over are getting lazier regarding food though, even the French have started living off microwave meals now..

Last edited: