• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's plan for Bell

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
Does it stretch beyond simply hoping he gets himself out? That he handles the ball 10 times? That he's abducted by aliens?

How does a third rate attack get a superior version of Tendulkar out up to 10 times?

It's a bloody tough call. Even for Clarke and Lehmann (clearly 2 of the world's great thinkers).

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
debut
ˈdeɪbjuː,-buː/
noun
noun: debut; plural noun: debuts

a person's first appearance or performance in a particular capacity or role.
"the film marked his debut as a director"

synonyms: first appearance, first showing, first performance, launch, launching, coming out, entrance, premiere, beginning, introduction, inception, inauguration;
informalkick-off;
formalcommencement
"the new car made its debut at the German Grand Prix"

Daemon

Forget about Australia's plans, as it stands you guys need to sit down and have a serious think about a plan for Burgey. Been destroying you guys in the lead up so far.

Spikey

Indian summer
noun
noun: Indian summer; plural noun: Indian summers

a period of unusually dry, warm weather occurring in late autumn.

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
I'm finding the Aussie confidence around here really cute.

It's like when my 4 year-old girl tells me she's gonna beat me up

dermo

International Vice-Captain
coincidence that joe root not only got beaten up by an australian, but also looks like a 4 year old girl?

Riggins

International Captain
The self indulgent crap in the opening post aside, I'm not actually sure we even bowled that badly to him, aside from probably attacking the stumps too much when he was set, allowing him to get 1's and 2's in the leg side pretty easily.

He never took the game away from us quickly or anything, it seemed more to be a case of a guy really in superb form, and what comes with that - not nicking the good ones early, not throwing it away like he's prone to doing, and I genuinely think he was quite lucky. I don't mean that in a negative way like he didn't deserve the runs or play well, but it seemed every time he did eventually play a false shot, particularly on the cut, top edges and the like went for four rather than to hand. Obviously it doesn't matter if you hit it in the air if it goes in gaps to the fence, but some were really close to being held, and were the type of dismissals guys get crucified for. Just one of those goes to hand early one innings and a the media starts to get in his grill and a few doubts creep in and maybe you start getting him early.

So other than The Champion taking him out early every knock or a string of pealers, I would say the only thing might be to try the old "NZ to Marto" plan, pack point and the gully and bowl to his strength out there. The normal didn't seem to work so I guess we should try something funky.

Last edited:

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
coincidence that joe root not only got beaten up by an australian, but also looks like a 4 year old girl?
Beaten up? Warner tried to slap him and missed apparently.

Hardly Rocky is it?

I will concede that Warner is one batsman I have a little fear for though. Provided Australia have the wit to play him

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
in regard to bell, where we did fail was allow his ****ty little late cuts to rake in plenty of easy bitch runs. bowl short to the ****.
He must have scored 450 of his 560 runs down at third man...........and some here say Michael Clarke is a genius:wacko: