• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can England win at the WACA 2013/14?

uvelocity

International Coach
well i finally bothered. highlight of the thread was hooksey and cookie monster talking to each other. should make this a dedicated thread tbh

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
well i finally bothered. highlight of the thread was hooksey and cookie monster talking to each other. should make this a dedicated thread tbh
That's dire - talking **** about people yet you can't even get the name right, Captain Cook responsible for this one mate!

You'll find Cookie Monster over at that English foreigners thread I believe

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
well you got me there maximarse, give you a+ as usual and i mean that. anyone with cook in their name is a useless **** imo

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Will Broad be able to resist bowling short at the WACA? I think the English bowlers could struggle if they go back to their "hey-I-have-an-idea-why-don't-we-bowl-short-and-never-pitch-it-up-ever-we've-never-tried-that-before-it-could-work" plan that seems to resurface every few games.

Hooksey

Banned
Will Broad be able to resist bowling short at the WACA? I think the English bowlers could struggle if they go back to their "hey-I-have-an-idea-why-don't-we-bowl-short-and-never-pitch-it-up-ever-we've-never-tried-that-before-it-could-work" plan that seems to resurface every few games.
He wouldn't be the first to fall for that trap at the WACA. Smart bowlers know you don't need to bang them in short there.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He missed out last time out when he was still a lot more bouncer happy. You'd hope he'd be bright enough to know that at the WACA a fuller length could still give him the sort of bounce he dreams about.

Hooksey

Banned
He missed out last time out when he was still a lot more bouncer happy. You'd hope he'd be bright enough to know that at the WACA a fuller length could still give him the sort of bounce he dreams about.
Broad used his short ball to good effect in the just completed series, and will probably do very well in Perth this time around.

Hooksey

Banned
Curtly in his prime was nasty at Perth.
He certainly was.

From Curtly's own website:

"The WACA was a good ground for me and the pitch reminded me of those back in the Caribbean, early in my career; full of bounce and pace, and I don't know a fast bowler who doesn't loves that. I never lost a test match at Perth - we won them all"

Last edited:

rodzzz

Cricket Spectator
The only thing being played at the WACA this series is a warm-up between England and a substandard WA side. Not much in it for England really, or for local fans.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah I believe Dubbo has received the nod over the WACA this year.

Similar size to Durham so it shouldn't be a worry.

Burgey

Just because we tripped up at the WACA last time it is hardly an Aussie fortress, they have lost 3 of their last 6 tests there.

There is no reason to view the WACA as any different to any of the other venues IMO.
The WACA, even when it's settled down a lot over the past decade or so, for some reason continues to pose unique questions to everyone, Australian or otherwise. Whether it's the breeze, the light or whatever else along with the pitch, it always seems pretty alien for some reason.

benchmark00

Hard to get LBW's at the WACA, but it's rare to see edges falling short of the slips, especialy when the Fremantle Doctor is in.

I once saw Jeff Thomson bowl a ball that bounced over the sight screen behind Rod Marsh. The batsman looked around and all the colour immediately ran from his face.

I turned to Dennis and said 'Dennis, settle down'.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
the umpire will know its hard to get LBW's at the WACA

also good for Dubbo, it's a proper cricket ground unlike these monstrosities in melbourne and sydney