• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 5th ODI at The Rose Bowl

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
5 Hrs out from the off and no thread?? Is this a reflection of how interested we all are in this series even though this is a decider??
I actually quite like ODIs and I've in fact gained a greater appreciation for them as the rest of the world has grown bored of them; obviously no patch on Tests but an interesting enough change of scenery. I really struggle to take the result of any game particularly seriously when the selectors refuse to though.

wiff

First Class Debutant
I'm gonna be so pissed if Hughes opens and Watson stays at 3
I guess Clarke is out then?

Things that might be worth watching:

• Carberry fighting to go on tour.
• Trott's bad trot
• The english love of Buttler
• Bothra doing something
• Rankin getting wickets

• Loving to hate Watson
• Hughes under pressure (assuming he's playing
• Bailey bailing Oz out
• the Wade curse
• Which Mitch will be ditched?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually quite like ODIs and I've in fact gained a greater appreciation for them as the rest of the world has grown bored of them; obviously no patch on Tests but an interesting enough change of scenery. I really struggle to take the result of any game particularly seriously when the selectors refuse to though.
The CT proved to me that one day cricket is still a viable and excellent format, but as you say, it's completely devalued by the attitudes of selectors and even players at times

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I really struggle to take the result of any game particularly seriously when the selectors refuse to though.
Not sure what the selectors are supposed to do though, there is simply too much cricket in the calendar year to expect those that play in all formats to play every game. They have to prioritise.

I still rate ODI's highly and enjoy the format, but when alls said and done it is far more important to me to have the likes of Jimmy, Swann, Bell and Co fit and firing for the the GABBA.

I don't mind seeing the up and comers having a crack in a series like this but I do get that it detracts from the contest somewhat.

So not sure you can blame the selectors, Ashley Giles for instance will be judged on his results.......I'm quite sure he'd love to have a full strength squad at his disposal.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Solution: play less cricket, make a cricket match worth watching, even if there are less of them, surely quality over quantity.

Cabinet to comment...

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Solution: play less cricket, make a cricket match worth watching, even if there are less of them, surely quality over quantity.

Cabinet to comment...
Gets my vote.

I was dead against these back to back Ashes but once they decided on it, did we really need this ODI series in between them?? I reckon it could have been scrapped and everyone would have been happy with just one ODI series after the tests in Australia. I love my cricket and I live for the contests between Eng and Aus........reckon that by the end of the Aus summer even I'll be sick to death of watching the same faces going at it, how are the more casual watchers going to handle it??

wiff

First Class Debutant
how are the more casual watchers going to handle it??
I think 3 ODIs would be enough, but before tests. There doesn't seem to be any point after, eveyone is too exhausted—players and viewers.

BTW if anyone cares I have to work tonight. I am going to check scores on cricinfo, and here of course. Please write visually.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think 3 ODIs would be enough, but before tests. There doesn't seem to be any point after, eveyone is too exhausted—players and viewers.
I'd be shocked if they played these games pre-Tests and England didn't rest the exact same players.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Ahhhh! There's a good one! Split me sides an all . . .

Please see picture, when describing an event just put the letter next to it so I know what you are talking about. Unfortunately there is no graphic of a wicket keeper fumbling the ball, so just mark that as a "Z".

Players-movement.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
clarke: boof, i don't think i can play. my back is ****ed. who'll replace me?
lehmann: the big show
clarke: pad me up

peace out

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jordan been giving his cap, let's hope he plays instead of Stokes because let's face it that would be amusing.....

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Jordan been giving his cap, let's hope he plays instead of Stokes because let's face it that would be amusing.....
Indeed, although I'd prefer to see him playing instead of one of the batsmen.

But apparently Finn's out, so we have an attack even weaker than in the last two games. Which I never thought I'd be typing.