• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 5th ODI at The Rose Bowl

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ahh well, let's not be churlish, the kids have stuck at it, and shown good heart, figures flatter a bit, but hey, good on 'em showing some spunk.

I put it down to great 'keeping myself though:p

Scaly piscine

Indeed, and the kid hasn't bowled well at all, but that's ODIs for you.
Well he has and he hasn't, he's always at the batsmen and will always try to get them out. In ODIs you don't always want that, but his approach his a massive plus for longer format cricket. I wouldn't expect him to ever be particularly economical but you will see him pick up big wickets. Oh and:

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/ashes-2013-2014/60635-official-4th-odi-cardiff-19.html#post3135473

Howe_zat

Audio File
As I haven't watched, how has Rankin managed to go at under 3 in this mess?

Are we all really impressed by his debut series?

91Jmay

International Coach
Yep, thats out. Mark on the bat. Out for me. Good job McKay blocked and left all those balls so he didn't get out for Faulkner.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Proof positive that reviewing it straight away doesn't imply any innocence on the batsman's part.

Three for Jordan, five for Stokes and none for Rankin, who's been head and shoulders above.

Lies, damned lies, etc

91Jmay

International Coach
Rankin has been extremely impressive. Accurate, pace and bounce.

Jordan has been good as well, very quick. Certainly something to work with.

Australia are at around a par score, but have left 40 runs on the field.

BoyBrumby

Englishman

Been genuinely good today; pace, bounce, accuracy and movement.

Has gone ok this series, for my quid. I'm still in the Tremmers camp, myself, but wouldn't be marching on Lords if the Ulsterman got it.

& a wicket for the big fella, finally. Belated justice.

grecian

Been by far our best bowler, in this innings and over-all. Odd him being called inexperienced, as he's 29 and played 42 ODIs.

Would have been a travesty if he'd ended up wicketless, with Stokes and Jordan taking 8 between them.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Proof positive that reviewing it straight away doesn't imply any innocence on the batsman's part.

Three for Jordan, five for Stokes and none for Rankin, who's been head and shoulders above.

Lies, damned lies, etc
I reckon it was a 'might as well' review from Faulkner.