• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th ODI at Cardiff

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, poor old Mickey should stick to talking about fast bowling and leave everything else alone.

Can't decide if he's lost it or I was previously blindsided by his legend and awesome accent.........used to call him my fav commentator, but now I realise he's pretty hopeless.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Tricky Tredders apparently not tricky enough any more? Getting punted is one thing, it happens, but being milked for seven an over with no risks at all is probably more worrying.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, they've had a look and they like what they see. Gorgeous from George.
Yup, they've taken a shine to Tred's bowling, no mistake. A RR of 6.7 an over in this situation is pretty hopeless really.

Giles' strategy of only playing two full time quicks is looking horrible. Didn't we have some success playing a more balanced attack not so long ago?

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Tricky Tredders apparently not tricky enough any more? Getting punted is one thing, it happens, but being milked for seven an over with no risks at all is probably more worrying.
He's looked way out of his depth in this series, albeit all one and a bit games of it. Any theories what's happened after he did more than reasonably in his previous outings at this level?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think, shorn of Anderson, Broad and Bresnan the cupboard's a wee bit bare, seam-wise.

That said, it does ask the question why Jordan and Overton are in the squad if Gilo doesn't much fancy them.

Trott to get a trundle?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Oooo. Shocking cross-bat shot from Voges to end a very promising partnership.

Kept a bit low, but no need for it at this stage, surely?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
oh hey wade gets to bat before the game is all but lost or when there's little time left

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think, shorn of Anderson, Broad and Bresnan the cupboard's a wee bit bare, seam-wise.

That said, it does ask the question why Jordan and Overton are in the squad if Gilo doesn't much fancy them.
Well quite. I can only think that he prefers at least one of the quicks to be able to hold a bat with some confidence, so Jordan and Overton are only there as cover if Finn or Rankin gets injured. But going in with this sort of attack is just asking for trouble, and i don't remember a bowler who can bat a bit doing anything significant runs-wise very often, so we're really better off finding someone reasonable from the counties. Surely there's someone out there?

Good wicket for Ravi there btw. I think this is the stage where batsmen tend to fancy their chances against him. A a 6th bowler, he's an asset. Less so as the 5th one.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
What is par here? 250?
Hard to say. There's been some low scoring matches here, but IIRC there was one match in the CL where both sides posted 300+.

fwiw I think Aus are looking set for something pretty competitive here.