• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th ODI at Cardiff

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yea right, so if he was playing for Slurry it would make no difference at all...
If he was playing for Surrey he'd probably have an extended run in the side the likes of Steven Davies had. Or get the full trust of the selectors to be himself again after a bad injury, like Tremlett has seen this season. Oh wait, that's not right is it?

I'm no Slurry lover myself, but your constant bitterness about one Surrey player playing a few too many ODI's is, quite frankly, laughable.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If he was playing for Surrey he'd probably have an extended run in the side the likes of Steven Davies had. Or get the full trust of the selectors to be himself again after a bad injury, like Tremlett has seen this season. Oh wait, that's not right is it?

I'm no Slurry lover myself, but your constant bitterness about one Surrey player playing a few too many ODI's is, quite frankly, laughable.
You a Middlesex man?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

What you mean Tremlett who was averaging around ~40 this season, looked a little down on pace and who immediately found himself as likely as Onions to get selected? Should I remind you of the catalogue of shaftings Onion's had to put up with? Oh and you may want to have a look at Turdbach's continued selection and how quickly Meaker got into the set-up despite being complete ****e. Stokes is already a better bowler than either of them.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Ok, so what we're talking about here is a couple of Surrey players playing a handful of ODI's here and there along with quite a bit of T20I's. So that's what we're dealing with here. And it's supposed to prove that the selectors and media heavily favour the South over the North, without any reasoning why, just a couple of random examples. Great.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Farm animals with human heads bawling and squealing to the slaughter house. This way madness rules. How could things get so out of hand? One of the animals may have had a Mitch head. Then I woke up, looks like I missed a good ending (for England anyway). Well done Buttler, I didn't think he had it in him, especially when I saw him bowled by Armed a few matches back (can't remember which one they are all becoming a blur), but he has come back with a couple of good knocks.

PS NOOB question: who made up the names under our avatar, I realise it is a post count achievement system but: "school boy slash girl cricketer" are you mental?

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The main shafting Onions got was when he wasn't picked for the Oval Test in the 09 Ashes. Now can anyone remind me which county the guy who was chosen ahead of him played for?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
For those of you still playing at home, I make it 1 dropped catch, 1 misfield and 3 or 4 played and misses from Stoke's 29 overs to date.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For those of you still playing at home, I make it 1 dropped catch, 1 misfield and 3 or 4 played and misses from Stoke's 29 overs to date.
Learn how to count. There will around 3 or 4 plays and misses in each innings, if not more. Plenty of edges too.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I can count perfectly well thanks, probably better than someone wearing rose tinted glasses can anway.