• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th ODI at Cardiff

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
It was prob easier to see at the ground. No drops but a few miss fields and a lot of his throws to the keeper off target. Just looked a bit slow and cumbersome compared to teammates. He wasn't bad enough to deserve some of the stick IMO.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
What about his catch to get rid of Wade??? He did bloody well to get up to that and that tough chance started their collapse.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Glad to see Stokes making an impact. Cricinfo reports the ball that got Marsh was 91.3mph. If it was some southern ponce that had bowled at that pace the media would be foaming at the mouth. Let alone the fact the guy can bat and is a brilliant fielder.

grecian

Glad to see Stokes making an impact. Cricinfo reports the ball that got Marsh was 91.3mph. If it was some southern ponce that had bowled at that pace the media would be foaming at the mouth. Let alone the fact the guy can bat and is a brilliant fielder.
Yep 1-42 off 9, and 25 when he should have been giving out earlier, really was the match-winning performance. Good point well made. and he is southern, southern hemisphere.....

social

Yep 1-42 off 9, and 25 when he should have been giving out earlier, really was the match-winning performance. Good point well made. and he is southern, southern hemisphere.....
TBF, England were done before his partnership with Buttler

grecian

TBF, England were done before his partnership with Buttler
Maybe, and maybe if he'd been rightly given out we may have been done, but Buttler was still in, he can work with tail-enders.

Definitely Stokes best performance for England, but it's just cameos. Hey I like winding up scaly, but I genuinely don't see him as a front-line bowler for England.

His one wicket for 159 and average of 12 with the bat, isn't owt to be excited about, imagine if a "southern ponce" had that record, what Scaly's view of him would be.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
So all jokes aside, what happened to Johnson last night?? Only saw the first 10 or so overs of England batting but Mitch looked ****ing sharp, seemed to be nudging 95mph every ball and was making life very uncomfortable for the England bats.

Was pretty surprised to see his, on the face of it, very unflattering figures this morning?? Did he bowl ****e later on or was it just one of those nights where he bowled well without reward??

Gotta say (and I suppose this is a bit silly given I only saw a handful of ODI overs) that I'm worried that maybe Karma is gonna bite me (and few thousand other Eng fans) big time on the arse come the Ashes. I don't fancy facing good Mitchell Johnson at the Gabba.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
So all jokes aside, what happened to Johnson last night?? Only saw the first 10 or so overs of England batting but Mitch looked ****ing sharp, seemed to be nudging 95mph every ball and was making life very uncomfortable for the England bats.

Was pretty surprised to see his, on the face of it, very unflattering figures this morning?? Did he bowl ****e later on or was it just one of those nights where he bowled well without reward??

Gotta say (and I suppose this is a bit silly given I only saw a handful of ODI overs) that I'm worried that maybe Karma is gonna bite me (and few thousand other Eng fans) big time on the arse come the Ashes. I don't fancy facing good Mitchell Johnson at the Gabba.
You probably won't have too mate :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm also a northerner as you know and it is fair to say that there is absolutely not a southern bias when it comes to cricket reporting. Football, maybe? Cricket, no.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
You probably won't have too mate :p
I wouldn't discount him playing Max, a couple of good Shield performances before the Ashes and Mitch could be right back in the frame given your injury list.

I want to laugh and rejoice at the prospect but tbh.......I think I'm a bit nervous about it.

Edit:

Oh I see, you meant I'm unlikely to padding up against him myself .........yeah fair call, my best days are well behind me (and they weren't that crash hot anyway)

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

I'm also a northerner as you know and it is fair to say that there is absolutely not a southern bias when it comes to cricket reporting. Football, maybe? Cricket, no.
Yea right, so if he was playing for Slurry it would make no difference at all...

I don't know what exactly people expect him to do batting at 8, but it lets him get his feet at international level. As I said his bowling figures haven't flattered him one iota, he's had catches dropped off him, misfields, countless plays and misses. That happens, next match he could take a 4-fer, or he could have his figured ruined at the end. That's the way it goes. Once he clicks at this level he'll be a massive player - he's not a dibbly dob medium pacer. He'll play a main role with bat and ball.

All-rounders very rarely just turn up and make winning contributions with bat and ball. Most of them go through this easing in period because teams recognise how vital they will be, so they tend to be picked early.

Last edited:

social

Just one of those days as Morgan and Carberry must have played and missed at least 20 times and that is probably being conservative

dermo

International Vice-Captain
was getting gassed last night and missed the whole game, just how gorgeous was george's innings?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke, who led the way with a century in Australia's ODI win over England in Manchester, could open the selection door for Glenn Maxwell if he is ruled out.