• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th ODI at Cardiff

greg

International Debutant
Such a shame. Thought for a few days that there was actually a chance of Johnson being picked for the Ashes.

91Jmay

International Coach
Monster hit. The talent is being fulfilled. What a knock that is. I has the Aussies massive favorites when Ravi went, but that is a seriously high quality knock.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This game could be making of Buttler. Might shut up the Johnson for ashes camp too as his dire bowling is the difference in a low scoring game.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm glad he won with that shot, it's my fave Jos one, creates so much power with little back-lift, dhoni-esque.

In fact hardly any ramps or silly sweeps at all in this innings, certainly a coming of age.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Buttler for the Ashes!!!

Seriously. Much better technique than Bairstow or Taylor and obviously has the temperament for the big occasion.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm glad he won with that shot, it's my fave Jos one, creates so much power with little back-lift, dhoni-esque.

In fact hardly any ramps or silly sweeps at all in this innings, certainly a coming of age.
Meh, it all depends on the situation. The ramp works when we need ten an over, fine legs up and a bowlers getting his yorkers in. Not so much a thing when only having to go at a run a ball with few wickets in hand. And obviously there wasn't any spin to sweep today.

In other words, today he played more of a Bevan innings instead of the usual Dhoni one :ph34r:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meh, it all depends on the situation. The ramp works when we need ten an over, fine legs up and a bowlers getting his yorkers in. Not so much a thing when only having to go at a run a ball with few wickets in hand. And obviously there wasn't any spin to sweep today.

In other words, today he played more of a Bevan innings instead of the usual Dhoni one :ph34r:
Oh, I know, just saying he played the perfect innings for the circumstances, his range will come into play once he becomes established, but I think it's important to show he can do this type of innings.

greg

International Debutant
Because if you bring the field up then Buttler can just hit over the top and make the equation 4 off the last over instead of 7.
I suppose that one could also point out that despite Clarke apparently "giving him a single", he nevertheless tried to hit a boundary and was lucky not to be run out by a significant distance...

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Just got back in from the game. A somewhat dreary affair until the last few overs. The Grandstand was in fine form however and the beer snakes were long.

A couple of thoughts from today.

Carberry had a mare in the field. Looked hopeless and was getting some nasty stick from the crowd including something that got someone ejected. Batting wise I thought he did great once he got through the first 20-30 balls.

Morgan plays and misses a lot outside off stump. Bloody hell.

The Buttler 6 off Mitch looked like it went straight up in the air. I've never see a ball go so high before. Most of the crowd thought it was going to be out. The straight 6 into the Taff was great and he played a much more sensible innings than I have seen from him before.

As for OZ Clint McKay was great and Shaun Marsh who was right in front of me should have had longer spikes. He went over 2-3 times before his injury fall.

Also watching the highlights its amazing how neutered the atmosphere seems on the TV compared to live.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
What did Carberry do wrong today? He was bad in the field against the Irish but don't remember him doing much wrong here.