• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2nd ODI at Old Trafford

greg

International Debutant
Like Morgan's captaincy btw. Good to see the attacking mindset (slip for both, and a short leg for the new batsman).

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's DRS working very, very well. Holding has no idea.

~

England just don't have enough bowling on the field. Finn and Rankin have done well but given the RR is nearly 5 anyway you suspect England could well be in trouble.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair enough, but still not sure I buy it.

Umpires don't have to show their working out; the decision is either right or wrong. Beyond that we're into jesuitical semantics about what defines "good" and "bad" and corollaries thereof.

Huh, another review.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
how the **** did finch ever let that hit his pad, what rubbish cricket
was actually good bowling I think, Tredwell came a little wider of the crease and angled it in a bit, twas still pretty crappy on Finch's part though

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So, Australian readers, are there supposed to be issues with Finch's technique that keep him out of test reckoning or is it just the lack of runs?

Looks to play pretty straight to me.

greg

International Debutant
Fair enough, but still not sure I buy it.

Umpires don't have to show their working out; the decision is either right or wrong. Beyond that we're into jesuitical semantics about what defines "good" and "bad" and corollaries thereof.
But isn't that the nature of DRS, especially with LBWs? Any decision which is "umpires call" is the 'right' decision regardless because the umpire will always be backed up. I think we've all seen LBWs given though which are not overturned which we don't really think should have been given out (or sometimes, although more rarely, vice versa).

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So, Australian readers, are there supposed to be issues with Finch's technique that keep him out of test reckoning or is it just the lack of runs?

Surely it's the latter more than anything. Limited overs form or not, you can't justify picking a 26 year old averaging under 30. But he was captain for Australia A and Invers loves a bloke who can bowl a bit, so who the **** knows.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nice take from Jos there.

Footwork's still a work in progress, but he has great reflexes and nice, soft hands.

dermo

International Vice-Captain

his footwork is pretty average imo, which is proabably why he's struggled to make any first class runs. Clearly has a very good eye though and is physically a big man so has no trouble clearing the boundary in white ball cricket.

imo hes definitely in test reckoning, theres no way he should be but hes just the sort of "x-factor" player invers would love to throw in