• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2nd ODI at Old Trafford

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't believe how **** these commentators are......how come they haven't mentioned 2 hotspots on the pad but only one on the bat??

Howe_zat

Audio File
That's a really good decision from the 3rd umpire, bat was in front of pad IMO.

And it's nice to see a third umpire know that it being close does not mean you get to cop out of making the call.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
There was a hotspot on the pad where the bat hit FFS.
I think there were two hotspots on the pad tbh, but there was also a huge one on the bat where the ball would have passed. Don't see what else that could be.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I think there were two hotspots on the pad tbh, but there was also a huge one on the bat where the ball would have passed. Don't see what else that could be.
Huh?? There were 2 hotspots on the pad and if there is only 1 on the bat then he hasn't hit it......the hotspot on the bat was from hitting the pad.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
...No because the one on the bat was where the ball passed it. Wasn't anywhere near the pad at that point. The marks on the pad came after, it is possible to edge it then hit the pad. All looked very weird anyway.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Watto's obsessed with that stupid dab cut."

More pearls of wisdom from Burgeinho.

ajdude

International Coach
you could see a streaky weak hotspot on the pad that was larger vertically than the one on the bat. like i said, it'd be a fair coincidence to hit the pad (an object which is of a greater size than the blade of the bat) and have the hotspot look identical to a ball.

doesn't matter though, he'll be out soon

Burgey

Has anything ever been said about Rankin's action from an "open-chested, not quite sure about 15 degree" POV?

Spikey

david warner did not work his way into the test through the od team. if anything, he was only returned to the od team because he was in the test team