• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First ODI - England v Australia at Headingley, Leeds

wiff

First Class Debutant
I would like Finch to get some runs in ODIs (Scotland doesn't really rate). Only got one gear it seems, although he did block a few the other day against Wardlaw.

Hooksey

Banned
I would like Finch to get some runs in ODIs (Scotland doesn't really rate). Only got one gear it seems, although he did block a few the other day against Wardlaw.
Likewise. Finch's ODI record is modest thus far. I hope his rich vein of form continues. But cricket is a funny game.

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
Tomorrow will be a washout but anyway.

If we do play then I think Trott will be opening the batting with Carberry?

Trott, Carberry, Pietersen, Morgan, Root, Bopara, Buttler, Tredwell, Finn, Rankin, A.N Other? Does Stokes play and bat at eight or do we play a proper seamer?

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm not sure England will open with KP with two new white balls? Goes against their ethos a little bit doesn't it?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Pietersen's not some poor quality pinch hitter though. He's a world class test batsman, just like the others who have had success opening for England recently, has the game to survive early testing conditions and to make big scores.

Hooksey

Banned
Pietersen's not some poor quality pinch hitter though. He's a world class test batsman, just like the others who have had success opening for England recently, has the game to survive early testing conditions and to make big scores.
Pietersen is more than capable of opening in ODI. There's no question about that.

Many countries have made the practice of using their wicket keeper as one of their opening bats in ODIs, and how many of those have better records and bat better than Kevin Pieterson?

standbyme

Cricket Spectator
Its incredible tonnes of lovely weather inbetween the games then as soon as the cricket starts the rain comes, its like clockwork.