• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Only ODI - Ireland v England

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Does seem the ultimate Mickey Bliss take that an Irishman who formerly played for Ireland in ODIs will be captaining England in the city of his birth.

Presume we'll play Rankin too, just because we can.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pretty sure Mogs donned the armband when they played over there in 2011 as well. England are fond of this sort of thing, KP made his international debut in SA and his captaincy debut against the same oppo.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Every post of Brumby's is like an education. I had no idea why we said taking the Mickey until now, thanks BB.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty bitter article.

On their last visit here the response of one prominent player to a request for an autograph was to tell a nine-year-old to "f*** off".
This reeks of BS, but having looked at the squad from our last visit, if anyone was that stupid, my money is on Dernbach.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Nah I'm pretty sure it was meant to be Trott. I think it was a kid who was either Trent Johnson's son or a friend of his son . Johnson came out and accused trott on twitter and then deleted it - probably because he realised it was stupid to go on the say so of a 9 year old and it was probably bull****.

The guy writing it obviously has a big chip on his shoulder. Seems to have decided to recount every tale he's heard in the pub or second hand.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Garbage article. He'd have more of a point about the players being rested if they weren't also missing the Australia series.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't actually have much of an opinion on the issue in the article ftr, just wanted to see what people thought of it

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Siggins is a big mate of Trent Johnston - they co-wrote a book about the 07 WC - he was a **** then and has clearly not improved

Shoggz

School Boy/Girl Captain
Makes you wonder why Cricinfo published it. I don't think I've ever read a more vitriolic piece on any cricket site.. I've not heard of the writer, but I would say that cricket is just the excuse here to vent a lot of anti-English feelings.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
meh cricinfo is becoming more tabloidy by the day. Anything to increase talk/discussion regardless of the quality.

There are probably some fair complaints to be made from Irish cricket but as you say shoggz this guy comes off as an English hater; not that we're short of those.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
meh cricinfo is becoming more tabloidy by the day. Anything to increase talk/discussion regardless of the quality.

There are probably some fair complaints to be made from Irish cricket but as you say shoggz this guy comes off as an English hater; not that we're short of those.
I've tended to stop reading most of the articles, it's just very sad they've gone this way.

Anyway on this issue, simple let's not play there at all, won't do us any harm, and then they won't be sullied by our presence:)