• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Only ODI - Ireland v England

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
Slow scoring putting pressure on the next batsmen.

Feeling the onus of the Flower/Giles regime here. Negative Cricket. See off both new balls.

Embarrassing.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
People could do well to remember this next time some idiot tells us Cook, Bell and Trott are too slow.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
This is awful again. What has happened to our mojo? Luke Wright opening the batting and is on 5 off 19 balls?

He scored 143 not out off 68 balls only two weeks ago.

Negative England at work again no doubt here. And Wright is out.

F*ck off Giles.

Feeling the onus of the Flower/Giles regime here. Negative Cricket. See off both new balls.

Embarrassing.
Oh dear.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

Embarrassing.
It is, but you're over-analysing things. They're just not very good. We're being outclassed, actually.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
People could do well to remember this next time some idiot tells us Cook, Bell and Trott are too slow.
Yep, whatever you think about their attitude, all three are worldclass players. Carberry, Wright and Balance are not (although Balance is a good prospect IMO).

Anyway c'mon lads. Massive opportunity here.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
The combination of playing an associate and so many guys either on debut or playing for a place/career is just leading to fear-filled cricket tbh. Can't say I'm surprised by this.

Ireland have been discplined though and that's all that was really needed.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think it's more the bowling that's crazy slow. It just looked like a standard flat wicket when England were bowling.
If it looks crazy slow because Murtagh and Johnston are bowling on it then it'll go underground when Kevin O'Brien comes on. The opening bowlers really aren't that slow.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think it's more the bowling that's crazy slow. It just looked like a standard flat wicket when England were bowling.
Nah I watched the end of the Ireland innings - it looked slow then too given how much some of those cutters were gripping. England just didn't bowl very well.