• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Only ODI - Ireland v England

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I would put Onions, Tremlett, Finn & Rankin ahead of Bresnan in the seam bowler rankings at the moment. Broad is easily good enough to bat 8 in Test Cricket with Swann 9 we should be picking our strongest bowlers and not someone who can bat a bit.
It's like the reverse me.

Seriously though, they're not better bowlers than him in test cricket. Bresnan doesn't get picked in the test side because he's a handy number 8 batsman, he gets picked because the England management consider him to be one of the three best seam bowlers in the country. Tremlett has been averaging around the 40 mark for most of this season, Finn has bowled pies all season and has never been a great test match bowler, Rankin is pretty untested and only ever really establishes himself in the Warwickshire line up when others are unavailable. Onions, maybe, but they'd both do very different roles with the ball for England, so it's hard to compare.

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
Different discussion for a different day when there is nothing else to talk about :D

Point is, England have a habit of picking a bowler who can bat a bit. And it rubs me up the wrong way when we look a bowler short.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Different discussion for a different day when there is nothing else to talk about :D

Point is, England have a habit of picking a bowler who can bat a bit. And it rubs me up the wrong way when we look a bowler short.
It rubs me up the wrong way when people think the same bowlers who can bat get picked for their batting despite being the best bowlers.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Tredwell is such a guy. Been a perfect display of OD bowling so far.

Not that surprising but I find it a shame that it's been made totally obvious who our two full strength first team squad bowlers are.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
This game has been a disaster already. Crap bowling, crap fielding, crap captaincy, **** selection.

As bad as Australia are I can see them winning 5-0

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nope, just that England aren't any good.

Australia aren't a bad side at all when they try and play games to win. Won't be at their strongest with the worlds best one day fast bowler out, but they're still a better team than England.