• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Only ODI - Ireland v England

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The ideal solution IMO is to play a quadrangular ODI tournament featuring England, the two touring sides and Ireland/Scotland/Netherlands on a yearly rotation. Each team plays each other twice, so that's 6 games each, England play one home and one away vs the associate so each country gets to host 5 home games plus 1 neutral game.

Would be far more interesting that 2 5-match bilateral series and frees up the calendar.

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
We should walk this. Even with our reserves playing.

Only debate I see is who opens with Carberry, will more than likely be James Taylor which means the only query I would have is Luke Wright or Stokes at 6?

Carberry, Taylor/Wright, Bopara, Morgan, Ballance, Wright/Stokes, Buttler, Tredwell, Overton, Rankin, Finn

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
We should walk this. Even with our reserves playing.

Only debate I see is who opens with Carberry, will more than likely be James Taylor which means the only query I would have is Luke Wright or Stokes at 6?

Carberry, Taylor/Wright, Bopara, Morgan, Ballance, Wright/Stokes, Buttler, Tredwell, Overton, Rankin, Finn

We should have walked every game we've played against Ireland but it doesn't really work like that does it.

I would imagine it's probably more likely Jordan plays instead of Overton. Not sure both Ballance and Taylor will play but again who knows.

Not looking forward to our bowling during this and the australia series.

Overton and Jordan both like a no-ball. Stokes can also mix up some rubbish

Just as long as Porterfield doesn't score runs today I'll be reasonably happy. Decent enough fellow but average batsman.

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Carberry, Wright, Taylor, Ballance, Morgan, Bopara, Buttler, Stokes, Tredwell, Finn, Rankin

Guess good batting depth. Lack of genuine bowling options. Gotta get 20 overs out of Stokes, Bopara, Wright and Carberry.

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
Did Morgan say who was opening the batting? Missed the interview and listening to TMS talking about Irish Cricket now.

Some places are saying Taylor opening and Bopara at 3?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Carberry, Wright, Taylor, Ballance, Morgan, Bopara, Buttler, Stokes, Tredwell, Finn, Rankin

Guess good batting depth. Lack of genuine bowling options. Gotta get 20 overs out of Stokes, Bopara, Wright and Carberry.
Stokes is a proper bowler really, so it's 10 plus change from the other 3.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He ain't exactly the most reliable of bowlers though. The last lions game he was taken off for bowling beamers iirc.
That sort of thing can happen to most bowlers though, same as they can get hammered like Rankin does quite often and don't bowl 10.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
This is the first international game I've seen William Portifield play where he hasn't got a golden duck. No joke.