• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Only ODI - Scotland v Australia

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The but about Clarke not being rested for any ODI games make me question his sanity tbh.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It may not be particularly smart but you know what? I like it anyway. I struggle to take a game seriously the moment the selectors don't; the result automatically becomes contrived and pointless. Unfortunately this series will still be contrived and pointless because England have rested half their side but at the end of the day I think I'd actually be more comfortable with even players playing less games overall because they got workload-related injuries than playing more but having selectors destroy the integrity of the matches they didn't consider important.

It's not how I'd go about it if I was in charge of the side, I'll fully admit that, but as a neutal(ish) cricket fan I quite like it.

dermo

It may not be particularly smart but you know what? I like it anyway. I struggle to take a game seriously the moment the selectors don't; the result automatically becomes contrived and pointless. Unfortunately this series will still be contrived and pointless because England have rested half their side but at the end of the day I think I'd actually be more comfortable with even players playing less games overall because they got workload-related injuries than playing more but having selectors destroy the integrity of the matches they didn't consider important.

It's not how I'd go about it if I was in charge of the side, I'll fully admit that, but as a neutal(ish) cricket fan I quite like it.
wheres ya aussie pride m8?

Tangles

I'd rather he was rested because I couldn't care less about ODIs.

If we could cryogenicly freeze Clarke between test series I'd consider it.

Last edited:

Hooksey

Banned
Michael Clarke is probably best staying as active as he can. Rodney Hogg was saying a couple of days back he'd been talking to Steve Rixon, and Rixon said people just wouldn't believe how much preparation Clarke has to go through just to get out on the park. His back is nackered.