Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: *Official* First Twenty20 at The Rose Bowl, Southampton

Actually feel slightly uncomfortable about this being in the Ashes subforum.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    I really do actually dislike having an irrational hatred of an England player, but

At the last t-20 World Cup, I think I'm right in saying, he had the worst economy-rate of any death-bowler in the comp. International players are learning his variations, he's become hittable in al forms. He had a decent domestic record this year, but Topley and Willey were better. Give them a go, variation of the left-armer, and Willey can bat. So can Napier, no-one expects them to score big in Internationals, but a quick 10 off 4 balls can make a difference in this game.

It just smacks of selectors being to stubborn to admit they've totally wasted time and money, and supporters going "meh it's t-20 let him play", if a Test prospect plays and ****s it up, and that ruins him, he probably wasn't up too much anyway.

Give other guys a go, who knows they maybe worse, but they may give us something better.
    Agreed. I like Dernbach, but it's plainly obvious that he's not good enough at International level currently. He bowled reasonably well in 1 game against NZ this summer, but his few series before that have been awful. Went at over 11 against the West Indies, took 4 wickets 35 with an economy of almost 10 in the World Cup, went at over 9 against India, and 8.91 in NZ. He just isn't good enough. When you've got young bowlers like Topley (21 wickets at 13 economy of 7.5) and Willey (21 wickets at 13; economy of 6.58, plus his runs) performing well, and offering variation with the left-arm angle, and with Willey the added runs, you've got a much better potential package than Dernbach. Amazed England keep giving Jade chances.
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    So the next World T20 is in 7 months. I'm not the only one who feels like the last one just ended and that the next one is much sooner than it should be, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    So the next World T20 is in 7 months. I'm not the only one who feels like the last one just ended and that the next one is much sooner than it should be, right?
    I don't have a huge problem with it, reckon 4 years between odi/football World Cups are a bit long personally. It only has a limited amount of kudos anyway, hey even England won it once.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

I'm looking forward to it. World cup format is one of few things I like about T20is. Actually, it'd be fun to dispense with bilateral T20Is entirely and have a World T20 every year.
    L Trumper and Cooky Monster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Actually, it'd be fun to dispense with bilateral T20Is entirely and have a World T20 every year.
    Yeah I've thought that for ages. Well, I was thinking more every two years, but scrapping bilateral games would be great. They bring in too much money for it to actually happen of course but it'd give meaning to T20Is in that teams would actually go in full strength and not use them an international auditions, and there are plenty of high profile franchise domestic competitions and of course ODIs to help select the teams. Even if the ICC made such a decision though, boards would just schedule "unofficial" T20Is anyway, especially in the month leading up to the World T20.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I personally think the Ashes should be contested in the T20s from now on

"...And for the final delivery of the Ashes, this is it, it's all on Jade Dernbach..."

I feel a bit ill
    'It seems that perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.'

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    James Faulkner was batting obvs, making you feel even more ill.

Oh wait....

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    I personally think the Ashes should be contested in the T20s from now on
    Agreed. I think a points system where the teams play:

1 Test match worth 6 points for a win, 2 for a draw
    3 ODi's worth 2 points each
    3 T20's worth 2 points each

Most points at the end wins The Ashes.

LOL Jk. That's a ridiculous idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I'm looking forward to it. World cup format is one of few things I like about T20is. Actually, it'd be fun to dispense with bilateral T20Is entirely and have a World T20 every year.
    Nah, just keep the same 2 year format but lose all other international t20s so players are more free to join franchises
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

School Boy/Girl Captain
    England going to stick with Hales & Lumb at the top or give Carberry a go?

I presume Ravi is fit too bowl?

I'd like to see Lumb make way for Carbs but I think it's unlikely.

Yes.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Cricket Australia ‏@CricketAus 2m
    Tune into @GEMChannel from 3:30am AEST as the Aussie men begin their limited overs campaign against the old enemy #ENGvAUS

ok then
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Hearing about some top quality comedy about to take place as Jade Dernbach comes back into the England team to make us all remember how **** we used to be.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information