• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Twenty20 at The Rose Bowl, Southampton

Hooksey

Banned
god, aaron finch scores 150, what an indictment on cricket

if he plays 1 or 2 more substantial LO innings i fully expect him to be picked in the test squad, as a potential all rounder/future captain
Finch is a very effective hitter in short-form cricket - it's not like that's a secret. But we all know he's unlikely to ever play test cricket.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm sure it was commented on during play, but how ordinary was it seeing Wade behind the stumps again. I'm not giving him full credit for that catch either, yes he recovered well but made it harder than it should have been.

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
Joe Root scored 90 not out off 8.1 overs (49 balls) at a strike rate of 183.67 and a run rate off 11.02 an over

Last Friday Joe Root scored 68 off 30.4 overs (184 balls) at a strike rate of 36.95 and a run rate off 2.21 an over.

Funny old game isn't it.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Joe Root scored 90 not out off 8.1 overs (49 balls) at a strike rate of 183.67 and a run rate off 11.02 an over

Last Friday Joe Root scored 68 off 30.4 overs (184 balls) at a strike rate of 36.95 and a run rate off 2.21 an over.

Funny old game isn't it.
Yeah, really knows how to switch gears, root.

masterbatter

Cricket Spectator
New T20 Cricket Stats

I came across this blog post which had some interesting new stats based on Aaron Finch's record knock.
I personally like the Batter Efficiency Rate and the Power Index.

Average in T20 cricket doesn't exactly describe how useful a batter is in T20.

Anyone else think's these stats are better suited for T20 rather than the boring average?

Aaron Finch World Record T20 Century (Video) » The Big Toss Blog

Batter Efficiency Rate (BER) and Dot Ball Rate (DBR) are key indicies in T20 Cricket. A team only has 120 legal balls to face in T20 Cricket. So every balls that a batter faces counts. The higher the BER, the more efficient a team is and will likely score more at ease. The higher the DBR is, the team is less efficient and will likely scamper and struggle in scoring
The Batter Power Index (BPI) shows the true brute force of a batsman – it indicates a batsman’s affinity towards scoring runs in 4′s and 6′s. A batsman’s power index indicates his ability to score big runs regardless of his BER.

Hooksey

Banned
Wow some mega hitting in this game. Well played Finch.
In the 1st test of the 1938 Ashes series Stan McCabe made 232 in 4 hours, and Don Bradman summoned his team to watch every ball, telling them ''you may never see batting like this again".

6, 1, 1, 4, 0, 1, wide, 4, 4, 0, 4, 0, 0, 3, 1, 2, 0, 0, 6, 1, 0, 6, 4, 0, 1, 0, 6, 4, 0, 1, 1, 4, 6, 6, 6, 4, 4, wide, 1, 0, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 6, 1, 2, 6, 6, 1, 6, 1, 1, 4, 6, 6, 0, 1, 6, 4, out.

Aaron Finch 156 run off 63 balls with 11 x fours and 14 x sixes. Strike rate 247.61 runs per ball.

We may never see batting like that again either.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm assuming this works like the women's Ashes and we'll be celebrating regaining The Ashes if we win this Twenty20 series?