Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: ODI's V Australia

School Boy/Girl Captain

ODI's V Australia

No Cook, Swann, Bell, Anderson or Broad.

Morgan to captain.

Full squad to follow.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Look's like Carberry will open the batting, potentially with Root or Trott? Pietersen, Bopara, Morgan in the middle order. Luke Wright and Buttler?

Eoin Morgan (Middlesex) (Capt)

Ravi Bopara (Essex)

Jos Buttler (Somerset)

Michael Carberry (Hampshire)

Steven Finn (Middlesex)

Chris Jordan (Sussex)

Jamie Overton (Somerset)

Kevin Pietersen (Surrey)

Boyd Rankin (Warwickshire)

Joe Root (Yorkshire)

Ben Stokes (Durham)

James Tredwell (Kent)

Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire)

Luke Wright (Sussex)

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Michael Carberry
    Kevin Pietersen
    Jonathan Trott
    Eoin Morgan
    Joe Root
    Ravi Bopara/Luke Wright/Ben Stokes
    Jos Buttler
    Chris Jordan
    James Tredwell
    Steven Finn
    Boyd Rankin

I presume that's the way they'll go, with Bopara playing if he's fit to bowl, if not, I imagine they'll go with Wright or Stokes. Overton's a bit of a strange selection. Been much more impressive bowlers in the YB40 this year. The likes of Napier, Roland-Jones, Topley, and Harris all out performing him. He's taking his wickets at over 30 a piece, with an economy of well over 6. I presume he must have something, for guys that have seen him bowl, is he any good?
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

School Boy/Girl Captain
    I've not seen him but Atherton seemed to like him on Sky Sports and was talking about him for a potential Ashes plane spot this winter. He must have something about him?

I think we will go

Carberry
    Trott
    Pietersen
    Bopara
    Root
    Morgan
    Buttler
    Tredwell
    Finn
    Rankin
    AN Other ? Pick one of the other seamers?

I think Ravi is fit to bowl. He said on T20 finals day he would bowl if Essex were in trouble. I know the ECB have asked Essex not to bowl Ravi.

Quote Originally Posted by jackbyrne91 View Post
    No Cook, Swann, Bell, Anderson or Broad.
    International cricket, everyone. Boo.

Ftr I'd go

Carberry
    Pietersen
    Trott
    Root
    Morgan
    Bopara
    Buttler
    Tredwell
    Jordan
    Finn
    Rankin

~

At least Woakes has got past the 'we'll have a look at him in one-dayers, they don't count" stage, pity there's now three new guys in the same boat.

Is there even the slightest pretence to this any more? Think of someone like Napier consistently snubbed in favour of people like Overton because they might consider him for a winter tour.

International cricket that's really a glorified net. It's ****ed.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    People who were paying upwards of 70-80 for an ODI are hardly going to be impressed England have left out five star names.

definitely gotta pick Napier sometime, that guy carried my Essex campaign in Cricket Captain 2005
    andyc likes this.
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    I'm kinda surprised they rested who they did. Surprised Bell and Cook are rested - although captaincy is taxing, scoring runs isn't particularly tiring and would have thought Cook would have enjoyed the freedom of the ODI's having being strangled in the tests. KP is a surprise given all his injuries this year. Surprised also than 1 or 2 out of Anderson,Broad and Swann didn't at least play some part in the series. There is a decent gap between now and australia and it's always good to not go to long without bowling.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Pleased with that squad, resting the main players and giving experience to some new ones.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    happy birthday cab96
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Cricket Spectator
    Overton is one of those 'potential' picks, he's tall and he hits the deck hard and he bowls at a fair lick so no worries with this selection and he bats a bit. I like the squad, it's fair reward for players who have done it in county cricket this season. Carberry has been awesome this season and Wright hit another hundred yesterday and again it was something like 100 off 65 balls. Stokes also has had a decent season and people think he's a batting all rounder but the guy bowls at 90mph when he gets going. I'm very excited by this squad, but disappointed Ballance isn't in the Australia ODI series squad, this guy is an International player for sure, I rate him higher than people like Bairstow, Bopara etc. Ballance will be in the Ashes squad to tour Australia, I have no doubts.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Pleased with that squad, resting the main players and giving experience to some new ones.
    Would you be pleased if you'd paid 80 to watch what is in effect an England A team? I wouldn't.

Just seen a few clips of Overton on Youtube. Looks pretty promising. Good pace, swings the ball, and looks pretty aggressive. I'm sure he'll be a handful in a few years, but can see him getting tonked if he plays this series. Twatto and Warner will be licking their lips at the prospect of facing Jordan and Overton.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    Would you be pleased if you'd paid 80 to watch what is in effect an England A team? I wouldn't.

Just seen a few clips of Overton on Youtube. Looks pretty promising. Good pace, swings the ball, and looks pretty aggressive. I'm sure he'll be a handful in a few years, but can see him getting tonked if he plays this series. Twatto and Warner will be licking their lips at the prospect of facing Jordan and Overton.
    I never pay to watch the shorter stuff, doesn't interest me that much. If people thought we wouldn't be resting players in between the two ashes series then they are a bit ******** so it serves them right.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Bopara is an established member of the team now. We've effectively got a back bone of KP, Trott, Root, Bopara, Morgan & Buttler in this squad. They are the experienced players, and they will all play. Add another 5 to that line up and that's your team.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    I'd also stick Tredwell in with that six BTW, but if Swann was in the squad then it would be either or.

Looks to me like Swann being rested in ODI's is becoming a permanent thing. Retirement coming soon?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information