• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predict Australia's 17 man squad for the first test in Australia

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
  1. Warner
  2. Rogers
  3. Watson
  4. Clarke
  5. Smith
  6. Marsh
  7. Bailey
  8. Haddin
  9. Agar
  10. Lyon
  11. Faulkner
  12. Pattinson
  13. Starc
  14. Harris
  15. Siddle
  16. Bird
  17. Hazlewood

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Can't think Marsh or Bailey are a shot. They like Hughes so some runs on SS probably keep him in the squad. The other batsman spot is a lottery. Form in the SS should be the main factor but they could just use it for someone with ODI form.

Hooksey

Banned
I think Boof will slot the best young batsman in at number 5 or 6, and at this stage I think that's Nic Maddinson. Alternatively he might go back to Phil Hughes.

1.Warner
2.Rogers
3.Watson
4.Clarke
5.Smith
6 Maddinson / Hughes
7.Haddin
8.Siddle
9.Lyon
10.Starc
11.Harris

Will have a look at the remaining 5 spots when I get chance.

Hooksey

Banned
I wouldn't touch the top five for anything except injury.
It's hard to believe we went over there thinking our bowling was up to it and our batting wasn't and yet we've come away with our top 5 batting positions as locks? If we can find an answer at 6 we look to be in good shape for the return series.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's hard to believe we went over there thinking our bowling was up to it and our batting wasn't and yet we've come away with our top 5 batting positions as locks? If we can find an answer at 6 we look to be in good shape for the return series.
To be fair, they're only locks for now. Smith only has the one ton, Warner is still hot and cold, Watson is still Watson, and Rogers is still 35.

Howe_zat

Audio File
To be fair, they're only locks for now. Smith only has the one ton, Warner is still hot and cold, Watson is still Watson, and Rogers is still 35.
Yup, it's as much to do with Cowan and Khawaja playing themselves out of contention as it is Rogers and Smith booking themselves in.

Hooksey

Banned
Boof''s message to Faulkner was "go back and make 100s and take wickets'. No assurances contained there.

Having inherited Arthur's Ashes squad in the 11th hour Boof only had so many options. It will be interesting to see how he goes about things now he has the chance to put his own signature on the team.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
A return to 6-4-1 would be a start but I won't hold my breath. If fit Watson can bowl so number 6 should be a batsman.

Hooksey

Banned
A return to 6-4-1 would be a start but I won't hold my breath. If fit Watson can bowl so number 6 should be a batsman.
Number 6 should always be a batsman IMO. Even Gilchrist was better at 7 with 6 batsmen coming in ahead of him.