• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Publicly urinating England players

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
OK, you didn't like my analogy of my back yard earlier, let me run this past you.....

At least a couple of times a year me and a few mates go for a 4wd weekend up the bush somewhere, it is essentially a boys piss trip. So when we're sitting around the fire in the early hours in the middle of the bush and getting our peckers out and taking a leak wherever we happen to be standing............yes I'm sure technically we are breaking some laws, but you'll have a hard job to convince me we're doing anything wrong or socially unacceptable.
You and your chums are not a prominent sporting icons representing an entire country, and the bush is not a cricket ground steeped in culture and tradition.

91Jmay

International Coach
I have micturated in unlikely places after drinking but I'd think a thousand year old ground would warrant as hallowed turf especially so by a cricketing culture that prides itself on history and tradition?
Yeah, I think that tradition took a bit of a hit when Slurrey allowed Kia to come before Oval in the name.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
You and your chums are not a prominent sporting icons representing an entire country,
And neither are international cricketers when they are celebrating a win behind closed doors. They might be prominent sporting icons but they are also human beings......when they are in public view then of course a certain standard of professionalism is expected, amongst themselves, at a private party and celebrating a win..........they should have no more expectations on them than anyone else.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
And neither are international cricketers when they are celebrating a win behind closed doors. They might be prominent sporting icons but they are also human beings......when they are in public view then of course a certain standard of professionalism is expected, amongst themselves, at a private party and celebrating a win..........they should have no more expectations on them than anyone else.
But they were in public view, and not behind closed doors, hence why we all know about this little incident in the first place. This wasn't a case of paparazzi hiding in bushes and peeking through windows, they were able to observe all of this happening in plain site. This was in no way a "behind closed doors incident". The journalists that broke the story did nothing more than they were entitled to, there have been no suggestions of foul play or dishonesty, which as far as I can tell is what you seem to be alluding to.

In any case, at the time of the incident they were all kitted out wearing their whites with the England badge on the chest. If they aren't representing the country whilst they've got the three lions emblazoned upon them, I don't know when they are.

But even if we can accept that this was a private party - which it obviously wasn't, even with the most liberal interpretation of what is meant by private - and that they should have no more expectations placed on them than anyone else, their conduct still falls below what would be considered acceptable of people in the majority of situations, regardless of who they are.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
We should organise a CW team piss on sledger's doorstep.
Well, it is just a patch of dirt, so as long as you're just doing it for a laugh I don't see how there'd be anything wrong with that. Also, don't let the fact that you're in plain sight put you off, you have my word that it's totally private, despite everyone being able to see you.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, it is just a patch of dirt, so as long as you're just doing it for a laugh I don't see how there'd be anything wrong with that. Also, don't let the fact that you're in plain sight put you off, you have my word that it's totally private, despite everyone being able to see you.
Nah don't worry mate, I'm just taking the piss

Howe_zat

Audio File
Does this also come down to class? I could never imagine someone from a better background doing something like this.
Most of this England team are from very privileged backgrounds.

That said, I'm not quite sure what you meant by "better", seeing as it's a pretty disingenuous word to use. Not that I'm accusing you of doing so deliberately

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Does this also come down to class? I could never imagine someone from a better background doing something like this.
One of the weakest trolling attempts I've ever seen on this forum.

Btw everyone Sledger is wrong and next time I have a beer with him I'm gonna piss on his foot

greg

International Debutant
Westminster council provide public urinals in the street in the evenings. They just pop up out of the ground. I'm unsure if taking advantage of this is officially "pissing in public" (and therefore outside of social norms) or not. I do know that on at least one occasion i was damn glad when i came across one of them! ;)