Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Publicly urinating England players

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    It's taking a piss on patch of dirt mate........how do "standards of behaviour" come into it?? So long as women and children don't have to watch what's the big deal??

What time did this alleged incident take place?? I don't think you can class a sports stadium after hours a public place.
    You're being deliberately obtuse. We are talking about grown men taking their pants down and urinating in a public place (which it is, I'll get to that in a minute). Is there any way this could happen and not lead to talk about standards of conduct? It's bad enough when you see drunken louts pissing all over the place after being kicked out of a club, but these guys are supposedly professional athletes and role models.

So far as the Oval being a public place is concerned, it almost certainly would count as such from a purely legal perspective. In order for it to count as private the England players would have to have a "reasonable expectation of privacy" from being in that particular location, and from the others in attendance. I very much doubt anyone could argue that being in the middle of a cricket stadium, and surrounded by journos, would satisfy those criteria. I could get into the really nitty gritty details of that, but I can't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You're being deliberately obtuse. .
    This is really starting to **** me about some posters on here. I have a different opinion to you on a subject and I am voicing it........as you are. I am not being ****ing obtuse I am just disagreeing with you.

If there is any evidence at all that the team lined up and all pissed as one on the wicket in some bizarre ceremony then you've got a point........not a good thing. But if it is a group of lads drinking outside and pissing outside then there is absolutely nothing to discuss.
    Its KP, Broad and Anderson. Looks like Surrey has asked for an apology from ECB for it.
    Last edited by CricAddict; 27-08-2013 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CricAddict View Post
    Its KP, Broad and Anderson. Looks like Surrey has asked for an apology from ECB for it.
    If there is more to this story then I will gladly read it and may well change my opinion. All I have seen so far is that there were men relieving themselves out in the middle........that covers a thousand different scenarios.
    Last edited by Adders; 27-08-2013 at 04:26 AM.

This is really starting to **** me about some posters on here. I have a different opinion to you on a subject and I am voicing it........as you are. I am not being ****ing obtuse I am just disagreeing with you.
    Well, in that case I apologise. I just thought it should be obvious how conduct which blatantly flouts a number of established social norms might invoke a debate about standards of behaviour. If you genuinely can't see how that might be the case then perhaps it was wrong of me to say what I did.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    I agree with Sledger. the only point he missed is that there is no way that all of them suddenly were busting to go and had no option but to relieve themselves there and then. They wanted to piss on the pitch as some type of FU to the "man". They easily could have pissed on the wicket block on an unused pitch - but the pitch itself was symbolic and they knew that.

I am not that fussed about this and 5 laps around the field and a wagging finger from the coach should be sufficient. The real punishment is that none of whoever did it should be made captain in any form of the game for a wee (pun intended) while.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Well, in that case I apologise. I just thought it should be obvious how conduct which blatantly flouts a number of established social norms might invoke a debate about standards of behaviour. If you genuinely can't see how that might be the case then perhaps it was wrong of me to say what I did.
    It depends on the circumstance if it blatantly flouts anything. A group of blokes standing around outside getting pissed, as and when they need to piss they turn their back and step 3 feet away and relieve themselves.......doesn't break any established social norms or standards of behaviour in my book.

However I accept that might not have been the case, it is just one possible scenario.......if there is any substance in what cricAddict just posted then there may well be more to it and if there is then I'll revise my opinion.

And sorry, I know you are armed with some legal precedents as to why this is not the case but I do not accept for a minute that a closed sports stadium, after hours is a public place. It was a private party which unfortunately had some nosey onlookers keen to find anything remotely untoward to make a story out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I agree with Sledger. the only point he missed is that there is no way that all of them suddenly were busting to go and had no option but to relieve themselves there and then.
    Has this been reported that they all went?? And at once??

As I said earlier if it was the whole team (or a large group) lined up pissing on the wicket that is certainly something else entirely..........but have seen nothing (so far) to suggest thats what happened.

interesting social norms there Adders, you can't really complain if someone finds it offensive if they see someone urinating in public (as in - not in a toilet)
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Has this been reported that they all went?? And at once??

As I said earlier if it was the whole team (or a large group) lined up pissing on the wicket that is certainly something else entirely..........but have seen nothing (so far) to suggest thats what happened.
    Australian cricket journalists were still at The Oval, completing dead-of-night tour pieces with the help of free beer and sandwiches from the ECB, when they reported seeing several England players take it turns to relieve themselves on the pitch.
    Your take on that is as valid as mine. I took it to mean they pissed in quick succession.

It depends on the circumstance if it blatantly flouts anything. A group of blokes standing around outside getting pissed, as and when they need to piss they turn their back and step 3 feet away and relieve themselves.......doesn't break any established social norms or standards of behaviour in my book.
    I think there are variety of social norms, not to mention laws, which have plenty to say about how one should not urinate in certain places tbh, but I think I'll just leave it here.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    was anyone wearing a wig for a beard
    I have it on good authority there were at least two prosthetic penises on display.
    Hurricane likes this.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Your take on that is as valid as mine. I took it to mean they pissed in quick succession.
    Hard to make anything of that IMO. If they are out there for any length of time drinking then they are all gonna need to go at some time.........even if it was just a natural cycle it would be easy for a Journo to describe that as "taking turns"

But anyway, I guess all I'm saying is without any details of the context we shouldn't be jumping up and down casting judgement.

State Vice-Captain
    I have micturated in unlikely places after drinking but I'd think a thousand year old ground would warrant as hallowed turf especially so by a cricketing culture that prides itself on history and tradition?

I think there are variety of social norms, not to mention laws, which have plenty to say about how one should not urinate in certain places tbh, but I think I'll just leave it here.
    OK, you didn't like my analogy of my back yard earlier, let me run this past you.....

At least a couple of times a year me and a few mates go for a 4wd weekend up the bush somewhere, it is essentially a boys piss trip. So when we're sitting around the fire in the early hours in the middle of the bush and getting our peckers out and taking a leak wherever we happen to be standing............yes I'm sure technically we are breaking some laws, but you'll have a hard job to convince me we're doing anything wrong or socially unacceptable.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information